Grand Class Empress Deck Mini-Suites

Mike A

I plan on booking a Mini-Suite on the Diamond Princess for our Southbound Alaska Cuise next year. I noticed, as on all Grand Class ships, the balconys appear to be completely covered compared to the Dolphin Deck which are completely exposed. That could come in handy in bad weather. Please confirm.I have 3 additional questions. 1. What side is the best side to see the glaciers Port or Starbord on the southbound route? 2. How is the ride from the back (aft)of the ship? 3. Is there any noise from Club Fusion which is directly below?

Thank you in advance to all my friends at Cruise Critic, for their assistance.

All Emerald deck minis on Grand class ships are fully covered.

We were in E711 on the Diamond and never heard music from Club Fusion.

The ship makes a 190 degree turn when viewing glaciers so I don"t think there"s a better side. Southbound, we were on the right hand side of the ship and had the sun all afternoon while sailing the Inside passage. You find that the other side of the ship has better views.

We were in cabin E731 on the Emerald Deck of the Diamond Princess for our Alaska cruise. The back minisuite on each side had a covered balcony that was about twice as big as the other minisuites. We could look out and just "pan" around to the rear of the ship for a wide view! Awesome!

We heard no noise from Club Fusion. We enjoyed the movement at the back of the ship -- very restful at night!

We made our reservation for the Diamond Princess on 9/9/06 last night. We will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary. I booked D416 Midship Mini-Suite on the Port Side. For the price of an AD we received the Captains Circle upgrade to AA. $1,439 pp for a Cat AA to Alaska is not bad. I will keep checking to see if the price goes down. Our T/A guarantees lowest price and has never let us down. While I know it is near the elevators, there is a wall across from the door. My inlaws were in the same spot on Aloha Deck when we were on the CB. They never experienced any noise. The big problem is we have to wait 12 months. It looks like I'll be spending alot of time here again on Cruise Critic posting and reading reviews.

Archived