transportation from Boston to NY cruise terminal 12-14 people

gdy0354

I live pretty close to you and have driven to and through NYC a zillion times. Sunday morning is the best day of the week to do it. It takes about 4 hours plus stops, so if you left at 7 am you would be fine. Parking at the pier is $40/day so that would be $840. For 3 cars it's a total of about 1200 miles at current gas prices.

I don't know of a more cost effective way to get to NYC for 14 people from your location. Cruise bus is $110/pp round trip, but that could be a PITA for everyone. Bus from downtown Boston is a logistical nightmare. I've done it all over the years. With 14 people driving would be about $75/pp rt and you can't do much better than that.

Directions from Mass

Get yourselves on I495 south to I290 through Worcester to get on the Mass Pike at Auburn. Go one exit to Sturbridge and take I84 to Hartford where you follow the signs to New York City to get onto I91 south. In Meriden you take exit 17 marked W Cross Parkway. This changes its name to the Merritt Parkway at Milford.

The Merritt Pkwy becomes the Hutchinson River Pkwy at the NY/CT line. From the Hutch take exit 15 in New Rochelle to get on the Cross County Pkwy. Stay in the middle left lane, which will become the left lane when the road "scrunches". This leads onto the Saw Mill River Pkwy South which becomes the Henry Hudson Pkwy at the NYC line ($5.50 toll - if no EZPass they will bill you in the mail and you need to pay it!). Stay on the Henry Hudson to where it ends at the Manhattan Cruiseport. The toll is worth every penny.

The are no triucks on the cars only parkway route and you will avoid any traffic issues on the Cross Bronx Expressway or the intersection with I87.

I live the next town from you and have done bolt or Megabus 2x and parked at the port twice. Cheapest way is the bus 40 pp round trip but a pain to get to South Station ( though I hear there is a NYC bus fron Alewife and Riverside). driving is very easy especially on Sunday but expensive to park. Don't forget there are tolls as well as the cost of gas.

have you considered chartering a small bus or 16 passenger bus. I have no idea how much that would be or if even feasible. good luck