QM2: Maintaining the Dreams and Memories

Andiamo

I watched "Love Affair" with Charles Boyer and Irene Dunne today. Our esteemed member Penny has often spoken of the remake with Carey Grant and Deborah Kerr in "An Affair to Remember", an equally fantastic movie.

Afterwards, I found myself turning straightaway to my DVR to watch the Discovery Channel's "Mighty Ships", featuring the QM2, and the Travel Channel's "Cruises We Love", featuring the QM2. I am so glad I taped these shows, as well as the "Keeping Up Appearances" episode featuring the QE2. They are my 'fix' until my next time on board.

It is hard not to notice the changes lately (which I thought melb1988 was quite fair about), but a love affair is a love affair, and QM2 is a dream and memory maker, despite it's age. I hope that more readers than not share my feelings about this grand dame.

Jeanne

(Not a cheerleader and not blind.)

I completely share your thoughts, although I've had enjoyable cruises on her sisters QM2 is our favourite ship.

I'm really looking forward to being back on board for the 3 Queens in Liverpool. Unless something dreadful has happened since our last trip in December, I expect we will have another great trip.

QM2 has totally ruined me and I am not happy on any other ship. Jeanne I highly recommend crossings. I much prefer them to cruises - the port days don't excite as much.

It makes me sad to see the flagship in need of attention but until she deteriorates enough to force me away I'll keep going back. But then it is not just the ship, it is also the wonderful crew who welcome me back year after year.

QM2 has totally ruined me and I am not happy on any other ship. Jeanne I highly recommend crossings. I much prefer them to cruises - the port days don't excite as much.

It makes me sad to see the flagship in need of attention but until she deteriorates enough to force me away I'll keep going back. But then it is not just the ship, it is also the wonderful crew who welcome me back year after year.

Hear! Hear! My wife and I feel exactly the same way.

Same here. My first ever voyage on any ship was in 2004, in a QM2 PG. Talk about starting at the top! But it wasn't until my second voyage that she really got her claws into me. Now, I really have no interest in sailing on any other ship. Maybe when I eventually retire there will be time to try the "Baby Queens". Until then, I'll scrape and save to get on board the world's only ocean liner once a year.