Vision-Mediterranean Embarkation

We're taking the Vision in May for a 12 trip RT Barcelona. I haven't been on RCI for several years and keep seeing threads mentioning assigned boarding times. Does this apply in Europe? How early can we arrive at the port? I'm sure we have to check out of the hotel by noon.

Also, what options for lunch do we have besides the Buffet? Does RCI open the MDR for lunch the day?

Thanks for the info in advance.

Sue

We're taking the Vision in May for a 12 trip RT Barcelona. I haven't been on RCI for several years and keep seeing threads mentioning assigned boarding times. Does this apply in Europe? How early can we arrive at the port? I'm sure we have to check out of the hotel by noon.

Also, what options for lunch do we have besides the Buffet? Does RCI open the MDR for lunch the day?

Thanks for the info in advance.

Sue

Regarding lunch, you will also have the option of Park Cafe in the Solarium. The MDR is not usually available for lunch on embarkation day.

I usually arrive at the European port for boarding between 10:30 am - 11:30 am. No problem getting checked in.

RCCL usually does not open the MDR for lunch on embarkation day. Usually it is the Windjammer and whatever cafe is on board the ship.

Edited by Mrbp1

Princess has burgers and pizza by the pool and are open until 10 or 11:00 pm at night but since you are on RCCL.....NOPE.....no burgers by the pool.

Really? I know Celebrity has a pool grill and I guessed that RCI would have one also. So no grill on Vision at all?

Sue

Really? I know Celebrity has a pool grill and I guessed that RCI would have one also. So no grill on Vision at all?

No grill on the pool deck on Vision.

However, Vision does have Park Cafe at the aft end of the Solarium, which is the same deck as the main pool. Park Cafe has roast beef sandwiches, other small sandwiches, wraps, salads, fruit, desserts, etc.

Sue

Yes, Sue, really, I know what I am talking about. Celebrity is NOT the same as Royal Caribbean. Most ships do not even have a Park Cafe but Vision does but no burgers. You will need go to the Windjammer for that.

Now Princess really does the burgers and pizza right by offering handmade pizza with fresh - NOT FROZEN - dough and of course burgers and chicken and fries that are fresh.

In my opinion, this is an area that Royal really gets an F.

Edited by Mrbp1