ISO your best tips for maximizing beverage package

Hi all. My family and I are cruising on Adventure of the Seas for Spring Break in a few weeks. We haven't cruised on RCI for quite a few years, so we aren't familiar with their beverage packages. We purchased a beverage package for everyone in the family-- soda packages for the kids, Replenish for me because I'm not much of a drinker, and the Select (beer & wine) package for my husband.

I've seen some tips in other threads for how to maximize the use of the package, such as grabbing a bottled water when you get another drink and storing them in the fridge in your room for later use. If you have any such tips, I (and I'm sure a lot of others) would appreciate them!

Personally, I will probably drink a lot of Sugar free Red Bull, non alcoholic frozen drinks and fancy coffee drinks (since I have Replenish). I will probably purchase a handful of alcoholic beverages. One thing I'm wondering is if I can just purchase, say, a shot of rum to put in one of my non-alcoholic frozen drinks?

I've been trying to find out if the soda package (which we purchased for the teens) also includes juice. I'm guessing not since I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere. They got used to getting juices and punch with the soda card on Carnival, so they might be disappointed with the soda package on RCI. They are already disappointed that there is not a Freestyle machine on board, as they are familiar with them from local restaurants and had read they had them on RCI ships (but apparently not on ones not based in the continental U.S.).

Thanks in advance!

Laurin

Edited by Laurin612

...I've been trying to find out if the soda package (which we purchased for the teens) also includes juice. ...

The Refreshment (soda) package does not included bottled juices. However, anyone can have orange or apple juice at breakfast, no package required.

Of course you can buy a shot of rum, but it's gonna cost you just about the same as buying a frozen drink with the alcohol in it......when you get a mixed drink, you aren't paying for the "mixer"...you're paying for the alcohol.

Juice at breakfast is included in your fare. Those who want some juice later in the day simply pour a couple glasses into a refillable bottle.

The "soda package" is for fountain soda only.

Of course you can buy a shot of rum, but it's gonna cost you just about the same as buying a frozen drink with the alcohol in it......when you get a mixed drink, you aren't paying for the "mixer"...you're paying for the alcohol.

Juice at breakfast is included in your fare. Those who want some juice later in the day simply pour a couple glasses into a refillable bottle.

The "soda package" is for fountain soda only.

Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if they'll care that much about the juice, but I know my son got used to ordering pineapple juice on Carnival and used to like to mix it with ice cream to make his version of a pina colada.