tip line on receipts

jenniferop

question - on the receipts where you can add extra tip - who gets that money? The individual bartender/server or does it go into a pool for everyone or even does Carnival get it? Just wondering if we get the Cheers program and drink mostly at the Martini Bar, would it be better to use an envelope at the end of the cruise and put cash in it for our best mixologist or tip on each receipt?

question - on the receipts where you can add extra tip - who gets that money? The individual bartender/server or does it go into a pool for everyone or even does Carnival get it? Just wondering if we get the Cheers program and drink mostly at the Martini Bar, would it be better to use an envelope at the end of the cruise and put cash in it for our best mixologist or tip on each receipt?

Any tio on the receipt whether the regular or additional is shared. Cash however is not shared.

If you want a particular bartender to get the entire tip, cross the tip out and tip in cash.

Any tio on the receipt whether the regular or additional is shared. Cash however is not shared.

If you want a particular bartender to get the entire tip, cross the tip out and tip in cash.

that's what we'll do - thanks for the info - we've always written in the tip amount on each receipt but they don't seem to care much, which got me to thinking that it didn't go to that particular server/bartender.

This may not be correct. We specifically asked our bartender, on the Carnival Legend Transpacific, if she would get our signed tip, and she said yes. Wife got fairly friendly with her and it would have been in her best interest to tell us if it went into a tip pool. We would have tipped in cash if she told us it was shared.

Just curious, how do you know this?

Most who talk to bartenders seem to report that the specific bartender gets the tip. I can't imagine why a number of bartenders would report they get the tip if it wasn't true.

I prefer to give the server a cash tip, but on my last cruise I forgot my money in the room. When our drinks were served I asked him if I put the tip on the ticket did he get the money and he said that he did. The next day I pulled the same stunt. I asked a different server the same question and received the same answer. The rest of the cruise I remembered my cash.