Problems on Shadow January 15 S Amer. cruise

venture13

I posted this a a response to food poisoning thread but realized others may not see it. Just read a bad review in members reviews section just posted about staff in hazmat suits on this voyage along with serving very cheap wine and overall bad experience. Was anyone else on this voyage? Approaching my first cruise with Silversea and this and other reviews are not very good. Thanks!

I thought the review was quite balanced, and a reasonable review. The wine situation is no better than our voyage on the same ship in November/December and the reviewer is making a very good point about the low price point of most the house wines on the Shadow.

Well I guess I did not expect hazmat suits and $6 bottles of wine for the price we are all paying.

I assume the hazmat suits were in response to a suspected Norovirus situation. Viruses don't know or care if you're in an inside cabin on the MS Lowbudget or the ownership's suite on the MS SixStar. It happens and it's not necessarily and most probably not the fault of the cruise line. Once suspected the ship has to take the precautionary steps to contain and eliminate the outbreak. The $6 bottle of wine? That's not great news but I'll defer to the more experienced for comment as I'm no wine expert.