quantum how formal in grand

You seem to have a hard time understanding that this particular restaurant on the ship was set up for the people who want to act like big boys and girls,

Either dress like a big boy, or don't go.

This is offensive. I will not be dressing formal on my upcoming anthem cruises any night. To suggest that people who do not wish to are childish is completely offensive.

I choose not to wear a jacket on holiday because I wear one every day of my working life.

If I wanted to be as offensive as you, I would have finished with: 'some people have grown up jobs that they are trying to get away from on holiday - other people don't and use any excuse on a cruise to pretend they do'

My wife and I will be on the Anthem in June and have scheduled the Grande for four evenings. We will dress formal all four nights; Tux for me and cocktail dress for my wife.

My host request formal -- so "formal" it is.:)

Enjoy!

Kel:D

Edited by kelmac

I adore dressing up for formal night, and in most cases I really don't mind what others wear, it doesn't affect me. Having said that, ship wide formal night has been removed and I can live with that, because there is still a place to dine (The Grande) where we can wear a tux and cocktail dress. I will be personally a little disappointed if my last option for a formal night is gradually turned casual by a relaxing of the dress code. After all, for those who wish to dress less formally for dinner, which is their absolute right, have a wide variety of other lovely restaurants to choose from. So I personally hope that RCI keep this restaurant as strictly formal, and that the other equally lovely dining venues continue with their casual/smart casual code, then everyone is a winner! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very well said.