Suprise -country music tour on board Brilliance.

Has this happened to others and should I be worried.

We are booked on the Brilliance of the Seas for July 5th from Harwich for 12 night Scandinavian cruise to St Petersberg and back.

My partner and I are what is know in Australia as Grey Nomads (well he is grey I'm just a nomad) which entails traveling around Australia in our caravan (travel Trailer) for years on end, yes I know it's a hard life.

While in a place called Tamworth (Aussies answer to Nashville) I picked up a broacher from the information centre on a Country Music Cruise Tour and bugger me dead it was for the cruise we have booked.......

Not being that big a country music fan I'm now worried the whole cruise is now a Themed cruise, can this happen witout informing the rest of the people on the boat????

Sylva.

Edited by Naomigruis

I think this is a special Australian promotion - the cruise from Harwich on July 5 is not propmoted as a 'country cruise' as such. I would expect that the country concerts are 'exclusive concert performances' for the 'MUSIC CRUISE' group from Australia.

But there are probably more guests from Australia than usual on this cruise.

Price for the 'MUSIC CRUISE' is ranging AUD 8.195 to 9.500 per person in shared cabin - might be a limiting factor.

Has this happened to others and should I be worried.

We are booked on the Brilliance of the Seas for July 5th from Harwich for 12 night Scandinavian cruise to St Petersberg and back.

My partner and I are what is know in Australia as Grey Nomads (well he is grey I'm just a nomad) which entails traveling around Australia in our caravan (travel Trailer) for years on end, yes I know it's a hard life.

While in a place called Tamworth (Aussies answer to Nashville) I picked up a broacher from the information centre on a Country Music Cruise Tour and bugger me dead it was for the cruise we have booked.......

Not being that big a country music fan I'm now worried the whole cruise is now a Themed cruise, can this happen witout informing the rest of the people on the boat????

Sylva.

Hi,

This is simply a group offering, which is frequent on many cruises.

If you want to get an idea of how large a group, check with TA and ask how many cabins available and booked bought . You do a "ghost" booking for pricing.

Some have virtually no impact on the sailing, but others can be close toa ship charter.

See link: http://travelrite.com.au/pdf/baltic_music15.pdf

I always google for any groups on my cruises...:)

Good luck!

Mike

If you are NOT part of the "group", you won't be subjected to anything! On this sort of "group cruise", only those with tickets are able to attend the events. You likely will not know anything is going on! Your cruise will be the same as any other. All of the normal venues will have whatever music the ship provides.

Edited by cb at sea