More ships needed for hurricane relief!

eroller

Still no evacuees for our city, yet. Latest news was 400 into our Tri-Cities airport. I don't know what's up!

The Local Red Cross advised us not to open our homes unless it was for family or you had connections with a family. Very sad, but true that while some may be wonderful people, others may not be.:(

"worst of the worst" "what kind of people we will be getting" "no telling what we will find when we get home" Why don't you just say that you don't want any of them "type" of people there and stop blaming others like the military.

For one thing do not forget that "them people as you call them" did not ask for any of this to happen and turn their life upside down. How can you or any other as you say are the "worst of the worst" when this tragedy happened only one week ago. How are they classifying "them people".

My heart goes out to each and everyone of these people who have suffered this great loss and I know that where I live we would open our arms and our hearts to each and every one of these people if they came up here and not show any pregodise about who is the worst and what kind of people we will be getting as you stated. God forbid this tragedy should happen tou you or your kind in Virginia. I wonder what kind of people we will get.

This is my opinion.

Mbouck1,I guess being a former New Yorker,our thinking patterns are alike.

Well said!!!!

To You Nugsmom,The word is "EMPATHY" something which you ,your neighbors and the military personnel at Fort Pickett should experience.

It is most unfortunate that you and your surrounds have qualms about people who have lost everything,been separated from their families,whose lives are disrupted all due to a natrual disaster,something beyond their control.

I also pray to God,that your area never experiences anytype of natrual disaster.

Let it be said,"Do not criticize a man,unless you have walked a mile in his shoes" It is an old Indian proverb,but if you understand it,it has great meaning.

Also note,the Cruise Critic Boards are supposed to be informative ,one that we can discuss those issues regarding cruising,not politics.

I have traveled all over the world,and have been on 22 cruises,and yet I still learn things from my fellow cruisers.

Betty anne

Archived