N Amsterdam-open seating reservations???

cruisin deb

I'm leaving on Nieuw Amsterdam Sat/15. Assigned to open seating- read some make reservations for this venue Where and when can I do this - embarkation day?? Also ,I've read that pinnacle grill has lunch reservations - when and where do I make these

Thank you for any help

There is a telephone extension (IIRC it is 88) where you can make reservations for ALL dining venues. There will also be a steward at a podium in the mid-ship elevator lobby on the Lido deck where you can do it.

If you would like to choose a table in the MDR CLICK HERE for a map. Click to enlarge. It says "Eurodam" but the NA is the same.

Edited by jtl513

Thanks to both of you I appreciate the help now I know I have to get there fast seems to only be 6 tables for two in dining room, so probably won't get what I'd like but it's worth a try

Thanks again for the great info!!

Actually there are quite a few tables for two. We just returned two weeks ago made reservations on the second week for six pm table for two. If you look on the diagram that was previously mentioned look to the back and far left hand side. Table for two next to the table is a column that gives some privacy we really enjoyed it. Made my bride of fifty years blush when I told our servers it was perfect so I could have private time with my date. If you choose this table hopefully Asep and Gede will still be your servers. If so they will make your meals most enjoyable. Tell Gede hi from Robert & Linda, mention the Dalmation he made for my wife.

Thanks to both of you I appreciate the help now I know I have to get there fast seems to only be 6 tables for two in dining room, so probably won't get what I'd like but it's worth a try

Thanks again for the great info!!

If you're coming in at a slack time (e.g. 5:30 or 7:30) they will sometimes seat you at a table for 4 and pick up two place settings. Also, once we were taken up the central stairs to a table for 2 on the center railing, which we liked.

... seems to only be 6 tables for two in dining room, ...
Besides the obvious 6, there are about 20 that you might call "semi-private", being separated by just one seat from another table, for example 104, 106, 108, 109, 111, 115, 117, 142, 146, 150, 154, 160, 164, etc. Sometimes there will other be people at the nearby table and sometimes not.

Edited by jtl513

I love being able to see the dining room maps! So helpful.

I have noted down all the tables for 2 for our cruise on the Statendam in 2 weeks. Hopefully we can get one that isn't like an extension of another table. :rolleyes:

Does anyone have any recommendations? I can tell which ones aren't right on top of another table, but can't tell if there are partitions or posts.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I can tell which ones aren't right on top of another table, but can't tell if there are partitions or posts.

We liked 169 on the Maasdam. It is right at the end of a serving station, which I know some people do not like, but we do because it's easy to catch the eye of the waiters when we want something. And they are more likely to notice when you are done with each course, or need a water refill, etc.

We liked 169 on the Maasdam. It is right at the end of a serving station, which I know some people do not like, but we do because it's easy to catch the eye of the waiters when we want something. And they are more likely to notice when you are done with each course, or need a water refill, etc.

Perfect, thanks! That is one that I had a * next to.

We also don't mind being near a serving station for the same reasons......but there we go agreeing again! :p