Come meet me!

drake2014

There has been some considerable interest lately in meeting me when you come to visit. I am always up to sit down at the bar and answer questions or discuss the day with anyone from these forums, I just want everyone to enjoy my home as much as I do.

So I'm starting this thread to help me keep everyone straight. Please post when you will be in port and where you would like to meet. Sunday afternoons I'm generally at Sandcastle, other days (assuming I'm not stuck at work) I'll meet you at Pier 69 or Freedom city.

I attached a photo of myself and my girlfriend so you know who you're looking for.

Thanks everyone!

20141223_175549.jpg.f1e1f05b82655b0922e01264a7592b07.jpg

Edited by drake2014

Drake , do you do tours also ? I will be in port on the Jewel of the Seas on April 12 . We are a party of 4 and would like to get a overview of the island for about 4-5 hours. Let me know. Middletown Stan

Sorry no I don't, I'm not licensed as a tour operator and I don't have a big enough vehicle to haul people around in. Sweeney's is a good bet for that.

What's your recommendation on what to do while there ? I've read a lot that there isn't much open on a Sunday. Is the ride to Christianstad a good idea ? What about the Domino Club with the beer drinking pigs ?

If you flip over to the "St. Croix Local" thread you'll find most of my recommendations. To summarize: Cruzan tour and relax on the beach.

Just checked and Freedom City sounds like that's our go to place. Thanks We are talking now to finalize plans , one question , how far is the Domino Club from the pier ?

15 or 20 minutes, maybe more if your taxi driver is slow lol. It's worth mentioning that you should ask your driver if the club is open before you drive up there. It's been closed a lot lately.

Laurnat , My wife and I will also be there 4 weeks from today , are you on the Jewel of the Seas ? Middletown Stan

Hi Susan and Stan, I added you on our roll call as well as answered your question about the meet and mingle. I also added some more information on our precruise drink.:D:D

We are planning on doing the rum tour first thing on the Sunday, then head back to the ship. I have co-workers on the Summit that we are meeting up with to head over to Sandcastle for the remainder of the day. (They have to attend a training class Sunday morning- Travel Agent FAM trip)

Drake: thanks for the seaglass answer.

• 2 weeks later...
Now that you are a celebrity, I hope you are still entertaining "meet & greets" come January 2016 when my DD & I arrive! :p

BTW, you and your girlfriend make a very cute couple!

No one has actually met me yet so I'll get back to you on that celebrity thing! Haha!

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys next year!

She's the good looking one but I appreciate it anyway.

Not that I'm counting....2 weeks today I will be there, hoping to enjoy some sun, sand, rum drinks and warmth :)

Are any shopping stalls open on a Sunday? 2 ships will be in port

Looking forward to it. [emoji2]

There were a few stalls today, there will be plenty on a double ship day.

• 2 weeks later...