Price Drop Guarantee

hfick

I thought I read in a post a while ago about someone filing a Price Drop claim for a cruise booked a couple months prior... However that contradicts what I read on Carnival's site - unless I'm missing something, or my memory is on the fritz! :eek:

So my question is this. I booked a cruise for April, back in December and I've found the price has dropped by $125ish - Can I file a claim? The way it reads to me, my answer is no. Seems like it only applies if you find a lower price within 48 hours. Thanks in advance...

Depends on how you booked, if you booked the Early Saver rate, then yes, you can put in for the price drop. If not and you are past final payment date, then no price drops.

Edited by Tannison

I thought I read in a post a while ago about someone filing a Price Drop claim for a cruise booked a couple months prior... However that contradicts what I read on Carnival's site - unless I'm missing something, or my memory is on the fritz! :eek:

So my question is this. I booked a cruise for April, back in December and I've found the price has dropped by $125ish - Can I file a claim? The way it reads to me, my answer is no. Seems like it only applies if you find a lower price within 48 hours. Thanks in advance...

I will add to the conversation that if you don't know what fare type you booked, you will likely have to call Carnival and ask. The 800 number should be able to tell you that. And if you did book an Early Saver fare, be aware that Carnival rules state that they won't price match to any fare that is for a "guarantee" fare where Carnival picks the cabin for you. Good luck.

If you booked Early Saver you can get price drops for any fare that you're eligible for up to several days before sailaway.

For most of the promo rates (Resident, Past Guest, Military....) you can get price drops up to Final Payment; after final payment you can usually get an upgrade to a higher category if it's fare falls below your fare.

If you apply for a price drop and the Govt Fees & Taxes has increased since you booked, you'll generally be charged the increase.

The 48-Hour Price Guarantee gives you 110% of the difference if you find a lower fare within 48 hours of booking.

Edited by Ken076