Just back from Falmouth...

CruisinQueen2013

Let me know if you have any questions. We did the Dreamer Catamaran Sail and it was great! Would definitely recommend. We also walked around the port area and got appetizers at Margaritaville. We have been to other locations before and had a good time but this not the same at all. The place was half-empty and yet we got terrible service. She never asked if we wanted a refill on our drinks and we couldn't really find her to ask her ourselves. Once our food came, we never saw her again and had to ask another waitress to get our check. We paid with our credit card and even though the person that ran our card (they have a little machine that does it at the table) wasn't our waitress, she was very interested in the tip. When we told her we'd just leave cash rather than on our card, she stood at our table like she was waiting for us to give it to her. It was very awkward. We were also there well over an hour even though we only ordered the appetizer sampler and when it came out, it was cold. Definitely not a good experience there. Overall, everything else was great in Jamaica.

Edited by CruisinQueen2013

Did you or someone you know or talked to venture outside the port area? I've heard mixed reviews about the safety. I'm not too keen on shopping inside the port area for my usual hats and t-shirts. I like to help out the more poorer locals and do a little negotiating for fun. :D

Sorry, no, we didn't go out on our own and no one we talked to did either. We did take a bus out of the port area to head to Montego Bay and while I knew Jamaica is a poor country, I was really surprised at the level of poverty. Literally, houses were made of sheets of metal connected together. I also didn't see many shops or tables with items for sale. Maybe it was the way we went but I only saw a couple and then as we got further away there were restaurants and what seemed like convenience stores.

Ok, thanks for that. I'll probably just wait and see when I get there. What a bummer about Margaritaville. I was looking forward to going and I still will. I'm on a quest to get their hat/t-shirt combo along with a Cheeseburger in Paradise and a margarita at ALL of them I come across which is a bunch being a cruiser;) They make for a lot of good conversations

Edited by sailor05

Let me know if you have any questions. We did the Dreamer Catamaran Sail and it was great! Would definitely recommend. We also walked around the port area and got appetizers at Margaritaville. We have been to other locations before and had a good time but this not the same at all. The place was half-empty and yet we got terrible service. She never asked if we wanted a refill on our drinks and we couldn't really find her to ask her ourselves. Once our food came, we never saw her again and had to ask another waitress to get our check. We paid with our credit card and even though the person that ran our card (they have a little machine that does it at the table) wasn't our waitress, she was very interested in the tip. When we told her we'd just leave cash rather than on our card, she stood at our table like she was waiting for us to give it to her. It was very awkward. We were also there well over an hour even though we only ordered the appetizer sampler and when it came out, it was cold. Definitely not a good experience there. Overall, everything else was great in Jamaica.

Sorry about Margaritaville :(

I'm wondering if they've completed construction of their Dunn's River Falls replica.

Also, I'd like to get more info on the Dreamer Catamaran Sail. Was this ship excursion?

Thanks!