Overly specific question about price drops...

lifeinabooth

We booked our May (early saver) cruise in January and chose an inside cabin. Later, we decided that a balcony might be fun and had the TA upgrade the reservation. Just for kicks, I checked my VIFP offers on the Carnival site and see that our exact cabin is now $100 cheaper. Is that something that would qualify as the kind of price drop we should be credited for? Or is it a different kind of booking? I haven't checked the ES price yet to see if it's had a similar drop.

Also, if we do have the opportunity for OBC, do I call Carnival directly or my TA?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and emailed her. I'm mostly wondering if our upgrade to the balcony changed our booking category from "early saver" to something else. We'll see, I guess.

All future business with this cruise MUST go thru your TA. Even if they are slow to respond or you don't like the answers. Carnival is contractually obligated to let the TA handle all of your business matters.

Kind of like a sports agent or a union rep.

All future business with this cruise MUST go thru your TA. Even if they are slow to respond or you don't like the answers. Carnival is contractually obligated to let the TA handle all of your business matters.

Kind of like a sports agent or a union rep.

Very interesting- I didn't know that. Fortunately, my TA is also a good friend of mine who's always looking for the best deals. She was happy to look into this for us.

We booked our May (early saver) cruise in January and chose an inside cabin. Later, we decided that a balcony might be fun and had the TA upgrade the reservation. Just for kicks, I checked my VIFP offers on the Carnival site and see that our exact cabin is now $100 cheaper. Is that something that would qualify as the kind of price drop we should be credited for? Or is it a different kind of booking? I haven't checked the ES price yet to see if it's had a similar drop.

Also, if we do have the opportunity for OBC, do I call Carnival directly or my TA?

Thanks!

You will still be Early Saver and you can get price drops for any promo rate (your state, past guest, military.....) that you're eligible for. When you spot a price drop it will have to be submitted via your TA - it's a good idea to get a screenshot or printout of the price drop and terms. ken