Where to park for NYC Cruise on Gem

Just spoke with the Manhattan cruise terminal staff. Coupon states 9 day cruises on the gem thru 4/24. However they will honor it for the 10 day cruises on the gem for the same time period. So that means our cruise leaving this Friday is included. CANT WAIT!!!

Thank you so much. Just printed the coupon.

• 1 month later...
Family trip or couples trip??

Thinking outside the box: Train to Penn station then a cab to ship.??

For 2-I'm actually thinking of this for myself. If it was a family trip, nope.;)

Where are you traveling from? We train from upstate ny to penn $168pp round trip and $15 cab well worth it for us, no parking hassels!

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Boston, and have been to New York several times. I absolutely refuse to take my car into Manhattan. Not because I'm afraid of driving in the city, but because I'm afraid of my credit card bill after I park it.

We're sailing on the Gem in July, and will be taking Amtrak down ($52/adult...not sure about kids) and Greyhound back ($18-30/adult). Either way is roughly the same amount of time, but I don't want to miss the boat due to traffic. Should be a fairly cheap cab ride from either Penn Station (Amtrak) or Port Authority (Greyhound) to the pier. Do the math...Amtrak or Greyhound just might be cheaper than those pesky parking fees.