Disembarking Gem on a Saturday – can we make a noon flight at Newark?

SandyAtSea

We will be doing the Canada/NE itinerary this fall. Our choices for flying home are noon and 5 pm. I know we could make the 5 pm flight, but I sure hate to sit around the airport all afternoon if unnecessary. Right now we are booked on the noon flight. Does this sound do-able to get from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal to EWR if we carry off our own luggage? We're probably going to get a limo/town car. We are totally unfamiliar with the traffic in that part of the country as well as the usual time Gem arrives. Thanks for your help!

We will be doing the Canada/NE itinerary this fall. Our choices for flying home are noon and 5 pm. I know we could make the 5 pm flight, but I sure hate to sit around the airport all afternoon if unnecessary. Right now we are booked on the noon flight. Does this sound do-able to get from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal to EWR if we carry off our own luggage? We're probably going to get a limo/town car. We are totally unfamiliar with the traffic in that part of the country as well as the usual time Gem arrives. Thanks for your help!

As long as there's no street fair or marathon on west side of Manhattan that day, you should be fine.

There's always the risk of CBP delaying the clearance of the ship and passengers. If that happens you could miss your flight.

What time is the ship scheduled to arrive? There are some itineraries where arrival is scheduled as late as 10 am, and even though it normally gets in earlier there's always the chance the ship could arrive at or close to its scheduled time...and 10 am is too late for your flight.

I would think this is doable if you do early walk-off - of course it does depend on when the ship is scheduled to dock. Having a car service waiting for you will help (we use Carmel instead of grabbing a cab).

Thank you all for your replies. Ship is scheduled to arrive at 8 am so I think we’ll be okay barring any unforeseen events. And thanks for the tip on the car service!

Be sure and check the reviews of the car service. Not too good!

Cole

We have used Carmel up to 5 times last year, ie. Airport, NYC. Brooklyn. Best car service we have ever used & reasonable especially with their online coupon. My DH is big time fussy with car service, he was very happy with their driving skills & customer service!