first timer, honeymoon cruise!

booboo1010

HMC is beautiful. If you have room in your budget, do reserve a cabana. It is so worth it. The cabanas come with a fruit tray and a chips & salsa tray plus soft drinks and bottled water. It also includes snorkel equipment and floatie matts. The cabana provides a nice place to relax out of the hot sun or for a reprieve if you have a rain shower. ** You can book your cabana on line and the choose your actual cabana # once on board. Cabanas #8 and up are a good choice for being a tad bit away from all of the action..... just a bit more peaceful. We had #10... perfect, right by the restrooms and sidewalk to the buffet area.

Just a personal tip for Gran Turk.... check to see if you will have another ship in port with yours. We had another ship in port with ours and it was so gosh-awful crowded. Shoulder to shoulder everywhere. Margaritaville was a complete zoo as well as the shops etc... The beach was towel to towel with all of the lounger chairs taken by the passengers that debarked the first ship in port...... not ours so we were out of luck. We ended up walking ,( more like stepping over people), down to Jack's Shack for a cocktail. Jack's Shack is a locally owned beach bar that is popular with the cruise crowd. It is a short walk right down the beach from the ship.

It was just a zoo and if I ever visit there again with another ship I will definitely schedule an excursion..... so just a tip for this port.

Cograts on your upcoming marriage. Wishing you a great cruise.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr

You will probably get lots of replies to stay on the ship in Nassau, although we like it. There is the Queen' s Steps, Fort Fincastle, Whatley Rum tour, the beach and more. We have taken the ferry to Paradise Island and walked to the Cloisters. Do some research on the destination boards, you'll find lots of info. We missed HMC, the winds and current were too strong. In Grand Turk, Margaritaville is right there, but walk left along the beach 15 minutes to Jack's Shack for much cheaper prices, WiFi and a nice beach. Congratulations!

My DH and I cruised the same itinerary last Sept and it was great! We had cabana #9 and it was totally worth the money, so relaxing! Grand Turk we did an excursion through Carnival which was power snorkeling. Very fun then we relaxed at Jacks Shack after. Nassau we stopped in at Señor Frogs, which we have not experienced, and it was great.

Remember that you can bring a 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne per legal adult on board at embarkation. Carry the bottles in your carry on.

You can order as much as you want at dinner in the MDR. So if you want more than one lobster on elegant night , ask for it!

Ordering room service breakfast the night before is a nice way to wake up. Remember to bring some singles to tip room service. Two to three dollars is good. Hot coffee and pastries, then if it's a sea day, go to the MDR for brunch. Yum!

I believe Conquest has the Steakhouse, great for a special dinner. If you go the first night on board I think they still give you a free bottle of wine.

Check out Fish and Chips on the lido Buffett, think it's upstairs. Great bouillabaisse and ceviche. Also the Pizza Pirate for the arugula and prosciutto pizza, so good.

After all this eating, check out the gym. There are saunas that are free.

Have a wonderful honeymoon!

All three ports are nice. Some people will tell you not to get off the ship in Nassau but I really like Nassau. Half Moon Cay is paradise, the water is so clear & blue and the sand is white and fine. The worst thing about cruising is when you have to get off the ship!!! Welcome to becoming a cruisaholic!!!!!