Nynashamn Port to Train Station to Stockholm

Thundercat

Hi Jane, how nice to see you here again. I am so happy that you had a good time in Stockholm.

Can't wait to go back and spend a few days there. One day was a tease.

I haven't had much time on the CC boards this year, but I still try to come here now and then and try to help with questions regarding Sweden. And as you may see from my signature, there are only a few days left now untill I leave for FL and Century.

Hope you are well, and to see you around here now and then.

Your information is so wonderful and valuable, I'm sure everyone appreciates it greatly. I sure did!

Have a FANTASTIC cruise next week!

See you 'round the board.

Warm regards,

Jane

Isabella, the Vasa Museum is not close to the Stockholm Central Station. So unless you want a really long walk I can not recommend it. But there is a direct bus from the station to a stop close to the museum. The bus to take is number 69.

Ask someone outside the station where to take the bus, and ask the driver to inform you where to get off. Then you will have only a short walk to get to the Vasa. You will need Swedish currency to pay on the bus.

Thank you Jane. If you come here to spend a few days, please let me know. It would be so nice to meet you. Maybe you could use me for a drive outside the city center one day.

Many thanks for the kind offer, I'd love that!

Unfortunately, we don't have any plans for Sweden on the itinerary yet, but when I do, I'll take you up on your offer.

And if you come to NYC, I offer you the worlds best NYC tour! ;)

Jane

north- bound,

Thank you so much for your help. One more ?. How far is Royal Palace from the museum or train station? And, if we are only have 5 hours, would it make sense to go around on hop on-hop off bus and get off in museum / or Palace/ or what ever? And do you know how long is a full circle and how uch is it?

So appreciated you help.

Isabella

I have never been on that bus, so I don't know how long it would take. But in my mind, with the imited time you have, I would skip it.

This is my advice: take the normal bus or a taxi straight to the Vasa museum first. When you are finished there take a ferry from near the museum to the Old Town, where the Royal Palace is. Just ask someone for directions where to catch the ferry. The Old Town is also a nice place to just stroll around. Stockholm Cathedral is close by the Palace. And the ferry is a good way of getting around on a sunny day.

From the Old Town there is just a short walk north to get to the Central Station.

Archived