Carnival Brings Pride Cruise Ship "Home" to Baltimore

LauraS

This is awesome news!!! Living in the "DMV", I've always had to fly to Miami/FLL in order to hop on the upgraded ships. It's great that the home ports in my back yard will now have regular cruises. I'm looking into one of the New England/Canada cruises on the Sunshine as we speak! Nothing like being able to drive to a departure port.

Wife/I were on the Pride coming into Baltimore this past Sunday on the 14 day repo cruise. Was an awesome trip. Would have loved to see the Chesapeake Bay as we sailed through it. However, they hit the southern tip around 1030pm on Saturday night. So, was a bit dark.

I see they have replaced the Splendor for the Canada/NE trip. We did this trip last Sept on the Splendor and doing it again this Sept. A 3+ hour drive to NYC from near Baltimore. Was a great trip and so different from the Carib.

We were on the 14-day repo from Tampa to Baltimore, our first experience on the Pride but not on Carnival. A splendid cruise. Hovering in the background, probably working on future projects, was John Heald, the brand's chief cruise director. He held an incredibly informative 90-minute Q & A.

The biggest news was that when the Pride gets its wi-fi upgraded next month -- as one of the last ships in the fleet -- passengers will be offered unlimited wi-fi for $25 a day. On our sailing, I ponied up $169 for a wi-fi that barely worked.

This is Carnival's realization that all the fruits of digitalization -- from selfies to tweets -- are now so much part of our lives that the availability has to be offered on cruises too. Carnival is trying to cope with lots of similar lifestyle issues. Heald said certain hot items -- he mentioned chicken wings -- will soon be available from room service.

As to entertainment, hit and miss, but it was free. Carnival has increasingly abandoned bands in favored to canned background orchestra. The maitre 'd turned out to be a pretty good Frank Sinatra type crooner. He did a song a night in the MDR and then one long show in the atrium.

Carnival has released many longer itineraries in recent weeks and more is to follow later this month. Think Greenland.

We were on the 14-day repo from Tampa to Baltimore, our first experience on the Pride but not on Carnival. A splendid cruise. Hovering in the background, probably working on future projects, was John Heald, the brand's chief cruise director. He held an incredibly informative 90-minute Q & A.

The biggest news was that when the Pride gets its wi-fi upgraded next month -- as one of the last ships in the fleet -- passengers will be offered unlimited wi-fi for $25 a day. On our sailing, I ponied up $169 for a wi-fi that barely worked.

This is Carnival's realization that all the fruits of digitalization -- from selfies to tweets -- are now so much part of our lives that the availability has to be offered on cruises too. Carnival is trying to cope with lots of similar lifestyle issues. Heald said certain hot items -- he mentioned chicken wings -- will soon be available from room service.

As to entertainment, hit and miss, but it was free. Carnival has increasingly abandoned bands in favored to canned background orchestra. The maitre 'd turned out to be a pretty good Frank Sinatra type crooner. He did a song a night in the MDR and then one long show in the atrium.

Carnival has released many longer itineraries in recent weeks and more is to follow later this month. Think Greenland.

Hey I remember that cruise too...

LIKE!!!! :)