OBC using WorldPoints reward points

Aprille

Yes, I've slogged through much of the Sticky post on NCL Mastercard. Yes, I've used the lovely search feature here on CC. Yes, I've checked the WorldPoints rewards website. I still have a few of questions that I haven't found the answer to.

How close to sail date can you wait to order the OBC online?

What happens to your OBC if you have to cancel the cruise? Can you book another cruise and have the OBC transferred? Even if you don't book the next cruise right away?

The reason I'm asking is my 92 year old dad is in poor health and there is a possibility we'll have to cancel our upcoming Panama Canal cruise. Hopefully not. *fingers crossed*

I think you can do it up to 1 week before. It is very easy to do when you call NCL. I also believe you can be credited back your points if you don't sail.

If you do sail with the OBC added and you don't use all of it I don't think you can be credited for what you don't use.

When you call ask them about that. Also ask for an amenity confirmation to take with you on the ship.

Edited by candygirl27540

We are sailing this coming Sunday(6 days away) and my husband just called today to convert our points in OBC, no problem and they sent a receipt with all of our items (UBP/other OBC) so you're well within time and I would guess it would come back to you in event of cancellation.

• 1 month later...
We are sailing this coming Sunday(6 days away) and my husband just called today to convert our points in OBC, no problem and they sent a receipt with all of our items (UBP/other OBC) so you're well within time and I would guess it would come back to you in event of cancellation.

Did you call NCL for this, or the credit card company? I remember calling the credit card customer service once with a question and she gave me a phone number for converting the points to OBC. I am wondering this because you said they sent an amenity confirmation...can the credit card company do that, or only NCL?

Thanks!