New Pledge atarts today..Sept. 8th!

Belle

Hi all

I lost .5 over the last 2 wks, bringing my loss for this pledge to a whopping 1.75!:eek: Seriosuly, I know my portion control has been way out of whack, & I don't think I've been drining enough water. I need to pay attention more!

Kathy - kudos to your husband on giving up smoking! And another bit of motivation - if you gobble up the profit margin - how can you afford to go on that next cruise.....:rolleyes:

Reggie - just becasue your body isn't losing as fast at it was - don't panic! As long as you're still losing, you just may need this "slower time" for your body to stabilize itself! Losing weight isn't a sprint - to see how fast we can get there - it's more like a marathon - something we'll be doing for the long haul - for life. And actually - the race analogy really isn't correct either - it's not so much that we even actually "finish" - becasue once we get to our goals, we need to maintain - but it's the ongoing process of actually getting there! Don't be in such a rush to get to the "finish line"! :p You're still losing faster than anyone else on the boards!:D

Good luck to all!

Sha

Reggie - just becasue your body isn't losing as fast at it was - don't panic! As long as you're still losing, you just may need this "slower time" for your body to stabilize itself! Losing weight isn't a sprint - to see how fast we can get there - it's more like a marathon - something we'll be doing for the long haul - for life. And actually - the race analogy really isn't correct either - it's not so much that we even actually "finish" - becasue once we get to our goals, we need to maintain - but it's the ongoing process of actually getting there! Don't be in such a rush to get to the "finish line"! :p You're still losing faster than anyone else on the boards!:D

Good luck to all!

Sha

I'm not in panic mode yet.;)

You've got to admit, after losing as quickly as I did,

it's a letdown to move into low gear.:(

A plus is that this will become a lifestyle change,

rather than just a lose weight diet.

I've seen I can add some carbs and still lose weight,

albeit at a slower pace.

I'm just concerned about my cruise and how I will

handle all the myriad temptations I know I will

encounter.:eek:

Reggie

Reggie - I know - that really must be a letdown! :( BUT - Losing more or faster before your cruise won't help with your WOE on the cruise! I think you're better off "experimenting" a little now, as long as you're still losing, when you have more control over your food, than just waiting til you get on your cruise & "seeing what happens".

I think, if you plan on drinking, alcohol will probably be the biggest "empty calorie" problem you'll face. If you're used to passing by the sweet desserts & breads & pastas now, doing so on the cruise shouldn't be a huge problem - there's lots of other acceptable food to choose from!

If you scope out the ship first day & check out all the food offerings, you'll be well-armed with the knowledge of what's available when, so you can eat what YOU want, when you're hungry, not just because it's in front of you. For me, I always snagged some whole fruit from the buffets - apples, bananas, etc, to keep in my cabin. I know that won't work for you on low carb, but why not bring some zip baggies & save some cheeses or other lo-carb foods? Have them unlock your fridge/mini-bar (they probably won't take away the alcohol - so just put it in the closet or a drawer - but remember to put it back in the fridge the day before you disembark, so you don't get charged!) Then you've got room to put food you want to save! I know room service has limited choices, & is moslty carb-laden, so keeping other food in your room might be a helpful option!

And for port days - I always make sure I have a good breakfast & pack a few Kashi or Slimfast bars "just in case" - you could bring a few hi-protein bars. (Note - they don't let you carry food off of or onto the ship that is not already prepackaged.) This is just in case you are on an excursion with an "included lunch" that either doesn't coincide with when you're hungry, or coincide with your WOE. I brought 5 bars on my last cruise & only ended up eating 1 at the airport each way. But it was nice to know I was "covered".

Good luck!

Sha

Thanks Sha, some good ideas you mentioned.

I like the idea about baggies, I could snag some cheese, sliced meats, pickles and olives. You got me thinking, maybe from the salad bar I might find some asparagus, artichokes, brocolli and cauliflower.:rolleyes:

This could get interesting.

Thanks for the tips.

Reggie:D

Hi everyone

Just got back from my cruise and am sorry to say I have been a bad girl. :eek: I could not be tempted at home, but being on that ship was too much temptation for me. I have gained 5 pounds. :eek: All the walking I did and staying away from the sweets as much as I did.....did not stop the weight from sticking. Thats alright throught because I had a blast and am right back on today. Still motivated. That is what I was afraid of that when I went off and I really went off, I would not want to get back to eating right. But I am back and ready to lose before my Feb cruise.

Marie

Marie - 5lbs isn't so bad! And I bet the cruise was worth every lb!! :D I also bet that once you get back to your regular WOE & WOEX, it will fall off. At least a couple of lbs are probably water weight from the change in eating, drinking, etc!

Reggie - FYI - when I did my "baggie thing", I usually brought a plate of food to my room & did it there, rather than at the table! I didn't want anyone to think I was so afraid of not being able to get food, that I was "hoarding!" :p

Dan - As always - thanks for the quotes!

Sha

Doing the best that you are capable of is victory, and doing less is defeat. Unknown

I was defeated Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Tuesday was a much better day. Starting Saturday and going through Monday was horrible. Nothing bad happened except my left elbow kept bending toward my mouth when there seemed to be food in my left hand. Yesterday I wore a cast on both arms to stop this from going on.;) Not really, but I didn't seem to eat as much. Some positive thoughts today for this trend to continue and I will be grateful.

Tomorrow we weigh, so prepare today.

Have a Great Day

dan

Hi Dan

I had a bad long weekend, too. I did NOT "do what I was capable of", and therefore, defeated myself! Bleah! :p Because I was a slug all weekend & did nothing - no workout, no gym, no activity (except some laundry), I even messed myself up into Tuesday. I ended up not going to the gym yesterday because I had to do something (deadline) I could have easily done Sunday or Monday! The only exercise I got yesterday was from kicking myself! :rolleyes:

We can't change yesterday, so let's not dwell - we CAN create our own future & make our own choices - so onward!

Today -- to the gym! :D

Sha

People acting together as a group can accomplish things which no individual acting alone could ever hope to bring about. Franklin D. Roosevelt

This tells us that what we are doing on this board will help all of us reach our goals. Lean on each other. Pick each other up. Help each other. No time to look away from the group.

Encourage. Encourage. Encourage.

Let's start this week of losing off right, by shedding pounds together.

Hi everyone its been awhile since I have posted anything. I have read back a ways seems like everyone is still on track which is good. Just got home from haveing my surgery so havent been weighed lately. Going to Dr. on Monday so will get weighed then and be able to post my weight at that time. Can't do any exersiceing probably for 8 weeks so will just have to watch what I eat. Keep up the good work everyone.

When I get off work, I hurry to get to church before our supper starts and then bible study. Of course I could always walk instead of eat, but this never seems like a good idea when the aroma of food is waffling through the fellowship hall.

It's never a good idea to exercise instead of eating! Unless you're exercising instead of having a 2nd supper! :rolleyes:

Oh, and yesterday, I didn't hurry to the gym & do 2 hours - I only did 70 minutes! But I feel great & will be there tonight & tomorrow for at least 90.

Oh - and this was my "fortune" for the day on my home page Travel to appease your restlessness.

I liked it!

Sha

Donna - Welcome back! I don't know what your surgery was, but maybe "gentle strolling" for 10-15 min at a time would be OK if you feel OK while doing it? (As opposed to "power walking".) It would help keep your metabolism up without being too stressful on your body. I know if I didn't exercise AT ALL for 8 weeks, I would have to cut my food intake to less than 1,000 cals, or turn into a blimp. :eek: (Yes, I am exaggerating here - don't let me scare you!):p

Hey Reggie! Congrats on another loss! :D I weigh in next Thurs, so I still have a week to make up for my overly lazy long weekend.

Keep up the good work, all!

Sha

I actually did very well at dinner last night. I ate two peices of baked chicken and a large serving of green beans. The other choices were sweet corn, not supposed to eat this on South Beach, and White flakes and water added together until they reach the consistency of mashed potatoes, they still taste like cardboard in my opinion. No thanks. I did have one other thing - a slice of bread and peanut butter, and this was real good.

Hi All

I see everyone is working to be and look healthy. I got back from my cruise a week ago. Had a great time on my cruise but have been a bad girl. :eek: Last week when I went back to work, my staff had a party for me because of my pomotion....all the dinner meetings....all the cruise food. I managed to only be 5 pounds heavier. I guess I will go back to phase one again tomorrow and back to the gym. I have not been to the gym in three weeks because I hurt my back before I went on my cruise and was having PT. Anyway, I am back and asking for support.

I feel motivated and ready to go. Have lost a total of 22 pounds even with the gain. I want to lose another 25 before Feb. which is my next cruise.

Question........I know others have gone back on phase 1. How did you do compared to the first time you were on phase 1 and did you stay on it for two weeks? I do not mind phase 1. I just was wondering how everyone did?

thanks

Marie

Dan - can I add to your quote? "And always have a Plan B"! When my WOE & WOEX were thrown a curve Friday by unexpected changes in my schedule, I made double sure to really stick to my WOE on Sat & actually made it to the gym on Sat, which I don't ususally do (for only 35 min, but I did it!)

Marie - 5lbs isn't so bad - and I bet it was worth every bite! :p And you have a plan to get back on track - so you're doing fine! I don't know about "Phase 1", but I would expect that it's a great way to get you "jump started" back to your WOE - just don't expect quite as big a loss as you did first time around - although, part of your 5lb gain is probably water weight, from your change in eating (& drinking!) habits on the cruise - so, who knows? The important point is, you know how to set it right.:D

And when you get back to the gym, take it a bit slower at first - I have lower back problems myself (not so much since I've lost weight). I've found the ellipse machine is GREAT for low impact aerobic exercise. And you can set the machine to so many different levels, depending on how you feel on a given day. Also - if you do weights, try slightly lighter weights - at least for the first time back. Give your muscles a "gentle reminder", before going back to your "full" routine.

Sha

Archived