Options

karessamom

As I figured as soon as my cruise got paid off balcony cabins are going for less than what I paid for ov. What options if any do I have. We originally booked magic porthole cabin upgraded to ov on back of ship then paid off cruise and have done a mock booking to find that balcony is now less. Do I have any options

You should probably be able to upgrade to the balcony so long as it's price is lower or equal to what you paid with most rates. If you booked early saver (which I doubt since you're asking) you would be entitled to an obc

What rate did you book? I understand you are paid in full but has final payment date passed?

While it is against the rules you have nothing to lose except a few minutes time by calling Carnival and asking for an upgrade.

Yes I booked early saver

Well, with early saver, do the mock booking or check fare viewer for your OV cabin. If it is less than you paid, you are entitled to a credit. If it is before actual final payment date (the due date, NOT when you paid it off, they will refund the difference. If after final payment date, then you get inboard credit. (Example, OV price paid was 600pp and is now 450pp, you get 150pp credit)

Alternatively, if the balconies are indeed less than your OV and you want one, you can upgrade to one of them and should still be entitled to the refund / credit for the difference between the balcony category you choose an the OV price paid. (Example, OV price paid was 600pp, 8a balcony is now 500, you can upgrade and get 100 credit)

It's always good to call. I don't have a PVP but the customer service people I have talked to are always willing to help and are very nice.

I paid off my June cruise with early saver and then decided to book guarantee balcony. I paid the difference but they were fine with letting me change it. I did however have to change by rate, I am no longer Early Saver which is fine with me.

When I checked again a few days later it was back up to the normal rates--don't know what happened. oh well. I'm still happy with the cabin we have.

You probably missed the discount. Carnival has changed prices for our cruise multiple times since we booked, up-down-up-down- You have to immediately jump on a low price when you see one offered, otherwise you're just missing free OBC or a possible upgrade. Why throw away a chance at something free??