TS Ophelia and Mariner

crusinben

Good morning fellow cruising fans. A couple of quick questions for you all. If TS Ophelia, currently just east of Port Canaveral, stays in that area for a few more days would Royal have her come back to Tampa, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale instead? Can Tampa handle a Voyager class ship? We sail on Sunday from PC but Ophelia has me wondering if I should make some plans to travel to the above mentioned ports. Thanks for any input.

Crusinben

Seems to me RCI had to do that last year. A hurricane damaged Port Canaveral and the Mariner was taken to Miami. It was a logistical mess trying to move passengers to and from airports. As the previous poster said, you should check the RCI website a couple times a day for itinirary changes and call them direct for info.

We're less than six weeks away from the Mariner, so I'll be interested in what's happening also.

I am on the Mariner this Sunday, and at this point, RCI site says that our cruise is not likely to be changed at all-unless of course the storm changes direction-

All you can do is keep checking-I am flying to Orlando tomorrow morning from L.A., so I am really watching to make sure I don't need to fly elsewhere-

I just spoke to the Radisson in PC (where I am to check in tomorrow evening) and they said the weather is rainy and cold, but nothing serious or dangerous, and guests are checking in and out as usual, soits a go for me , unless something changes drastically-

If you change flights do not change your return!!!!! Sovereign, is moving for the friday sailing but will be returning to Port Canaveral on Monday.

Yes I believe that only Miami can handle the Mariner. Ft Lauderdale can't, and I don't believe that Tampa can. That is why the Explorer is leaving Miami when Freedom arrives.

Good luck I hope you have smooth waters and a great trip. Just remember if you decide to drive to another port after being told to go to Canaveral, they will not pay to get you back to your car.

if they have to move the mariner it would be to miami. ft lauderdale and tampa can't accomodate that size ship.

i was on that sailing of the mariner last year that got moved to miami. it wasn't bad at all. i drove to miami and no problem. of course for me there were no flights involved as i live right in central fl. i will say this. it was very interesting on that cruise. we had a voyager class ship to sail that was fully operational with only about 600 passengers on board. there were so few people in the dining rooms it looked like a ghost shiop. most waiters had only one or two couples to wait on.

there was certainly NO PROBLEM WITH CHAIR HOGS AT THE POOL OR LINE CUTTERS ANYWHERE.LOL..

i'm also booked to go with you cruisinben this sunday and it looks like ophelia will start to move a bit to the east and we are supposed to have nice weather on sunmday, but...... they are now calling for her to make a complete loop and head back toward shore for next thursday or friday. so although we will probably start out from port canaveral who knows where we will end this cruise, lol.

Archived