Porters?

ladyruby

^quoted for truth.

Slip 'em a $20 and they'll get your gear where it is supposed to go.

$20 ! Yea right. :rolleyes:

btw- The only thing the porters do is move your bag from the pavement to the luggage cart. The Princess crew does most of the work and they don't get paid over $100K annually.

Not true actually. Dockside workers are responsible for moving the cages/pallets either as far as the ship ramp or into the ship.

In most cases, other than quality/quantity checks, ships staff are not supposed to move anything on the docks (situational exceptions are always made)

$20 ! Yea right. :rolleyes:

btw- The only thing the porters do is move your bag from the pavement to the luggage cart. The Princess crew does most of the work and they don't get paid over $100K annually.

Not true actually. Dockside workers are responsible for moving the cages/pallets either as far as the ship ramp or into the ship.

In most cases, other than quality/quantity checks, ships staff are not supposed to move anything on the docks (situational exceptions are always made)

That's true......using a forklift. :D LOL

^quoted for truth.

Slip 'em a $20 and they'll get your gear where it is supposed to go.

I've tipped $5 but never $20. If I get hassled by a porter in some place such as FLL I will pull out my phone and take their picture. I will then find out who I need to report them to. I will not be bullied. Tipping is not mandatory and the stories I've read about porters in Florida are horrible. If people let them get away with demanding large tips then it's the people who are at fault.

I've tipped $5 but never $20. If I get hassled by a porter in some place such as FLL I will pull out my phone and take their picture. I will then find out who I need to report them to. I will not be bullied. Tipping is not mandatory and the stories I've read about porters in Florida are horrible. If people let them get away with demanding large tips then it's the people who are at fault.

Whenever I've cruised out of FLL, I would give the porter $5 for my two bags and have never had a problem; this is for both beginning or ending my cruise. Actually this is what I give the porter no matter where, in the US, I've cruises from. I've never departed/arrived at a foreign port so I can't address those practices.

Edited by Treven