Travel in December

WLC061975

I like to plan an European Cruise in December. I am looking at Norwegian Epic 10 days West Mediterranean 12-9 to 12 19. Board ship from Spain and travel various ports in Italy. This itinerary has 4 sea days. From what i learn , European cruise is port intensive, so i think a few sea days is not a bad idea. I am looking at book a studio cabin. I live in Florida so i am planning to arrive at Spain a day earlier and leave one day after cruise. Here is my question is December a good time travel to West Mediterranean? What is advantage and disadvantages travel to Europe at this time? Thanks for the feedback

It depends on your ports of call. If you are visiting resort type places, then they will be mainly closed up. I would imagine one or two shops selling tourist tat will open, but the places will lack atmosphere. Obviously in the cities it will be business as usual and less people around. Mind you, depends when exactly in December. If it is near to Christmas, then large cities like Barcelona will be busy with people doing their Christmas shopping. The 8th December is a public holiday in Spain, so most shops will be closed.

It is likely that it will be cold and damp and possibly rain. Personally, it is not the time Of year I would choose to do a Med cruise. I would go in June or September.

December is not a very good time to go to western Med. Even suntraps like Malaga will struggle to get up to the mid 60's during the (short) day and the nights will be ccccold.

Rain storms in mid December are quite normal.

May/June or September/October would be my choice.

• 3 months later...