Princess Introduces Digital Photo Kiosks

DeltaOne

Princess Introduces Digital Photo Kiosks Fleetwide

User-Friendly Machines Enable Passengers to Easily Print and Store Their Precious Vacation Memories

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. - As travelers are increasingly adding digital cameras to their packing lists, Princess Cruises has made it easier than ever for its passengers to print or save those precious vacation memories right on board with new self-service digital photo kiosks.

The entire fleet of Princess ships now features state-of-the-art machines from Pixel Magic Imaging, a leader in digital imaging and photo kiosks. The user-friendly stations offer passengers the opportunity to make high-quality prints of favorite photos in a variety of sizes or save their images to a CD at the touch of a button. The kiosks accept all popular forms of digital media, enabling owners of most types of digital cameras to access the service's many features.

"We know that capturing vacation memories is important to our passengers," said Jan Swartz, Princess' senior vice president of customer service and sales. "These innovative kiosks have been enthusiastically received by our passengers who don't want to wait until they return home to enjoy their photographs. They're also great for sharing copies of photos instantly with newfound friends, and passengers can download their digital media cards directly to a CD, freeing their cameras for the next round of cruise memories."

A Pixel Magic digital kiosk is located adjacent to the onboard photo services desk on each ship. The machines offer a range of printing options, including editing functions to crop or enlarge images plus add boarders and other special effects. Prices for kiosk services begin at 45 cents for a 4x6 print.

Princess' shipboard photography program also offers a wide range of professional photographic options including portrait services, event photos, wedding photography & videography, retail digital cameras & accessories and digital imaging services.

Additional information about Princess Cruises is available through a professional travel agent, by calling 1-800-PRINCESS, or by visiting the company's website at http://www.princess.com.

Hi Paul,

We just got off the Sapphire Princess in Seattle and the Kiosk station was there. Not many people were using it. We acutally got our compact disks onto the cd for 9.95 which we thought was reasonable. Went up in Alaska and Seattle- we all took a ton of photos. Then uploading them to the web pages to have them print them out. It sure saves alot of time.

Jan from MD

We just got off the Sapphire Princess in Seattle and the Kiosk station was there. Not many people were using it.

Yeah, 45 cents for a 4x6 print is pretty expensive. Expensive or not, it's neat they're offering the service. And putting your pix on a CD is nice too. Don't want to lose 'em!

I am all for cheaper pics, I use fotki dot com, and they deliver them to my house for .14 each. BUT, I really hope the kiosk in working on our Grand Med cruise in 2 weeks. I bought some very cool sticky back postcard things, and you put them on the back of a pic to give it the durabiliy to become a postcard. I cant wait to send home pics of us in the Colusseum and at the top of Mt. Vesuvious! Very much worth .45 for me to do this personal type of thing. But I would NEVER print out all of my pics there!!!

I also used this last year while on the Sapphire, we loved our waiter and asst waiter, and on the last night got our picsture with them at the table. I told them I would get them copies, and they were not believing me - I am sure they have been promised that in the past! So I hopped up the stairs and had them printed out before the second seating started! They were excited!

Casey

PS, fyi, I have seen these kiosks "down" alot in the past, maybe they were still working out the kinks.

On the Grand this summer, we saw the kiosk, which looked fine for onesies and twosies.

But just took a CD-RW with our pics to the photo desk instead, and they did the 4x6 for (I think) $.35 each.

DD and I took thousands of pictures, would have about 100 printed out at a time. Nice and easy, turn them in during the evening, available the next day after 6 pm. Sure, a little more expensive than Costco ($35 versus $17 for 100), but very convenient and could enjoy them almost right away as opposed to waiting until we got home and then finding enough post-trip energy to go to Costco.

I bought some very cool sticky back postcard things, and you put them on the back of a pic to give it the durabiliy to become a postcard. I cant wait to send home pics of us in the Colusseum and at the top of Mt. Vesuvious!

Casey those postcard backings are the best. I use them all the time to send pictures to my Mom of her great grandkids....she just loves getting them and they really do hold up well in mailing. Only once has she received one that was not in good condition. Enjoy your cruise and your picture taking.

I bought some very cool sticky back postcard things, and you put them on the back of a pic to give it the durabiliy to become a postcard.

I can't find any "sticky back postcard things" anywhere. Sounds like just what I am looking for. Can't find them on e-bay, google, Staples or CompUSA. Who makes them? Where can I buy them? What is their official name? Thanks

SaltwaterTwo

Archived