Royal Princess Balcony Guarantee

CruisingObsessed

Curious what others experiences are. We are booked on Royal, BF guarantee. That's an unobstructed balcony. My fear is being placed in a "deluxe" balcony obstructed...thus having a loveseat we probably won't use and no view. Has this happened to anyone or do they generally put obstructed guarantees in those cabins?

Yes, I know when you book a guarantee any cabin equal or above by their list is fair game. I'm just wondering what has happened to other folks.

Curious what others experiences are. We are booked on Royal, BF guarantee. That's an unobstructed balcony. My fear is being placed in a "deluxe" balcony obstructed...thus having a loveseat we probably won't use and no view. Has this happened to anyone or do they generally put obstructed guarantees in those cabins?

Yes, I know when you book a guarantee any cabin equal or above by their list is fair game. I'm just wondering what has happened to other folks.

Have booked three category guarantee. Booked mf received a mb great location twice. Booked mf received a mc category on lido deck. Have not been that high before, how ever for the price it is as great as a full suite to me. If you are going on a long trip and location is important pick your cabin. On a short trip and some long trips I will book a category guarantee. The price can make a big difference sometimes. You will get a great cabin i am sure. Have a wonderful cruise.

There is no way to predict how a gty will play out. If you are worried you should pick the cabin you want so you won't be disappointed with that loveseat. ;)

I think its worth the gamble. First time for me with Princess and I ended up on the Caribe Deck near midships.
There's no difference between Caribe deck cabins and other decks with the exception of the Emerald deck obstructed view balconies.

To the OP, there are actually not that many fully obstructed balconies and quite a few that while listed as obstructed, really aren't. If you get a cabin in the 700's, for instance, it'll be almost completely unobstructed. The only thing blocking your view are the life boats if you are at the railing and looking straight forward.

Booking a GTY is always a gamble. Most of the time, there's no $ savings. Keep in mind that if you are assigned a cabin you don't like, you can decline it or request any other available cabin as long as it's in the same or lower category to the one assigned. Your TA can help you with this.

Booking a GTY is always a gamble. Most of the time, there's no $ savings. Keep in mind that if you are assigned a cabin you don't like, you can decline it or request any other available cabin as long as it's in the same or lower category to the one assigned. Your TA can help you with this.

I didn't think about requesting an available in a lower category. There's a few open that are listed as obstructed but really aren't too bad. It's for kind of a medium length (12 day) cruise so hoping for the best! We usually don't take guarantees but this time there was a really big price difference with the deal we had. :)

Thanks for all responses!

On our Dec. 2013 cruise on Royal we booked the lowest obstructed balcony category guarantee and about a month before cruise, we were upgraded to an obstructed delux balcony #319. We were located in the middle of the second forward lifeboat. We could look out at the sea while sitting on the balcony, no obstruction except looking down, lifeboat came to bottom of balcony rail. We enjoyed it and used it quite often.

Enjoy you cruise!

• 1 year later...