Getaway- Room assignment (5833) vs. upgrade to balcony?

Newbie cruiser just booked very first cruise and having second thoughts on the stateroom category I've chosen. We are going on a 7 night trip with 3 ports and 3 full days at sea. I booked a gty inside for 3 guests (myself, mom and 18 yr son) and have been assigned 5833 which is the very last aft cabin on deck 5 and somehow feel I will regret my choice later.

Called my travel agent to ask about changing rooms and she said we could switch to a balcony room for $740 (total) more. The price of the upgrade is what it would cost me to add another passenger, so not cheap. If I "do" decide to upgrade, which deck should I choose given the following options 8,9,10 or 11,13,14?

One more question- looking at the available rooms, some say they specifically accommodate 3 or 4 guests, yet the size looks the same from the deck plans. What would be the difference be between the 2 rooms?

Newbie cruiser just booked very first cruise and having second thoughts on the stateroom category I've chosen. We are going on a 7 night trip with 3 ports and 3 full days at sea. I booked a gty inside for 3 guests (myself, mom and 18 yr son) and have been assigned 5833 which is the very last aft cabin on deck 5 and somehow feel I will regret my choice later.

Called my travel agent to ask about changing rooms and she said we could switch to a balcony room for $740 (total) more. The price of the upgrade is what it would cost me to add another passenger, so not cheap. If I "do" decide to upgrade, which deck should I choose given the following options 8,9,10 or 11,13,14?

One more question- looking at the available rooms, some say they specifically accommodate 3 or 4 guests, yet the size looks the same from the deck plans. What would be the difference be between the 2 rooms?

We were on deck 13 in a balcony and absolutely loved our location. It is an expensive upgrade but, you will be tight in an inside with 3 adults. What about an oceanview (window) room as a compromise between an inside and a balcony?

The difference between cabins that can accommodate 3 vs 4 is usually having a 4th (pulldown) bed - it drops from the ceiling.

We were on deck 13 in a balcony and absolutely loved our location. It is an expensive upgrade but, you will be tight in an inside with 3 adults. What about an oceanview (window) room as a compromise between an inside and a balcony?

Sadly there are no oceanview rooms available on our date. Are the oceanview rooms any bigger than an inside room?

I had cabin 5833 on the Breakaway last year, and I loved it!

It's actually slightly bigger than the average inside stateroom and because the room is more square, there is a bit more walking space so I think you will find that it is roomy for even 3 adults.

If you're concerned about motion, we didn't feel a thing. We also found the back of deck 5 to be very quiet and the quick access to deck 6 and than 678 Ocean Place was great. The main downside was the long trip up to the pool decks but the extra cabin space can't be beat.

If you don't decide to upgrade, don't be too upset, I don't think you'll regret the decision once you're on vacation.

Please see some pics of 5833 attached.

IMG_2838.jpg.531e263a98748d1fadd8256b2aabf676.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg.4cd644758deb8db6f9593df3627abfdf.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg.739ba6f311098d016c71c9b0bb3bb035.jpg