LIVE from Quantum of the Seas, sailing April 12th!

Dinner with friends tonight at Coastal Kitchen! More from Quantum later... :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

We have friends sailing with us on AN who have a Grand Suite and they want to take us to Coastal Kitchen. They werent able to reserve online but do you think they can arrange it onboard ?

Also. You're lucky Jamie's is a flat fee. They have changed it on AN to a la carte and prices are same as Jamie's on land. Price examples- The burger is $15! Salmon dish is $20, lamp chops $25. Planks are $10. Enjoy Jamie's on the cheap while u can lol

Edited by OTownNick

We have friends sailing with us on AN who have a Grand Suite and they want to take us to Coastal Kitchen. They werent able to reserve online but do you think they can arrange it onboard ?

Also. You're lucky Jamie's is a flat fee. They have changed it on AN to a la carte and prices are same as Jamie's on land. Price examples- The burger is $15! Salmon dish is $20, lamp chops $25. Planks are $10. Enjoy Jamie's on the cheap while u can lol

As far as Coastal Kitchen it doesn't hurt for them to try and arrange it on board. I was able to add a couple of friends to mine by making a phone call.

I don't want to take away from Chris' thread but I just wanted to say we are on the same sailing as Chris and we had a great day in Martinique just from walking off the ship and walking around. Here is a link to my blog with photos of our day there. http://quantumoftheseas2015.blogspot.com/2015/04/april-18-2015-fort-de-france-martinique.html

Chris see you in the morning as we are on your tour in St Kitts :)

Glad you enjoyed. At the end of the day, no matter what someone does, if they enjoyed their day then that is a great day.

was on the Quantum 3 times in Nov. 2015. it was the most mass confusion, long lines, crowded CL and DL that we have ever seen. long, long confusing dining lines (even with every night resv. ). long lines at shows, northstar, bumper cars, etc. never, ever, ever again. let the cruisers in China have it.

so-so glad to see it go.:):):)

Edited by phish tales

Hey Chris, Great live review. One question do they offer karaoke at any of the bars? We are considering booking on the Anthem in 2016. Thanks for taking the time.:):)

I have not seen karaoke but will keep an eye out for it in the cruise compass over the next few days

We saw Yacht A in San Juan. From the ship and not up close though. Very different looking.

I

You were so lucky -- I really want to see Yacht A in person. You are right -- it is very different. It's owned by a Russian Billionare and the "A" is for him and his model wife.

Dinner in Coastal Kitchen was excellent with the exception of the grilled prawns

Flatbreads

e532c707fa7a4cf6294a6f89d6205bbd.jpg

Grilled prawns were cold. Grilled means cooked so something tells me they sat too long after being cooked

9d4970334e8e7ce04860927177b838f6.jpg

Foutosh salad

f10e04cdb4e6d9e884d36dae10dcd79a.jpg

The beef tenderloin made up for the disappointing prawns

2c77a9a686d6699c51a7a2c7960dd18b.jpg

e28273fd8700f49617dc3d1f7f53c54a.jpg

Their take on tiramisu was unique and good

c9c91d9b54686588310b1a13d7eef2c2.jpg

Interesting Wall Street Journal video on Youtube showing much more detail on "A" for those interested.

Must be nice to be able to afford $40k faucets. :rolleyes:

Now back to Chris's excellent live review!

I have seen the video -- really cool. thanks for posting.

I did Northstar twice. It really isn't as bad as it looks. Kinda like looking out of the window of a building. The view was so nice I forgot to be scared.

Denise.

Hi Denise! Yes, you did the Northstar with me on your birthday!! And then the group get together at Schooner for a bday drink. Great reminiscing! Looks like we had better weather in January, always blue skies and no rain.

Celeste

I have not seen grand breakfast buffets with ice sculptures in a long time. Celebrity has those on very select days, as a special brunch.

Sadly, Celebrity did away with the brunch. I believe they thought too much food went to waist, which it probably did.

Another great evening show at 270

Dennis is a drink artist

df2cd5652dc6899f191142a35417626d.jpg

I think this is your On Air lounge on Quantum! ;)

Hey how did you like the Boatyard? We are going there in January on Serenade.

Sadly, Celebrity did away with the brunch. I believe they thought too much food went to waist, which it probably did.

hahahaha go to waist ... it not only goes to waste, but to your waist, and hips, and in my case my big oil' butt. Thanks for the smile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk