LIVE from Quantum of the Seas, sailing April 12th!

There are photos starting at post 718. We went to an excellent French restaurant on shore.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

My apologies.....I saw that but I guess I got confused when you posted the photo coming back on the ship. I just figured i missed something. That did look like an amazing French meal. You're doing a great job. I guess I was just looking for a tour of Martinique or something. But still, thanks for doing a superb job!

If I may chime in, walking around the ship you really miss the essence of Martinique. The dock is not in a good area. In fact it is all riddled with shanties scarring the hillside. There's not much to see around the dock. We were leary of the place so we took a ships tour and it was really nice. We went to a very old church, then to the DePaz Rum Distillery for a nice tour and plenty of free samples. They spoke English and gladly accepted USD. The rum was good and not expensive at all. The drive there and the grounds was gorgeous. Lush rain forest and beautiful views. Finally we went to what I thought was the highlight- a visit to the quaint fishing village of St Pierre, where in 1912 (I believe) the entire population was consumed instantly by the eruption of Moubt Pelee, which U could see from the distillery all the way to St Pierre. We got to visit the small museum there that explained the story and it had all kinds of photos and artifacts.

My only compliant was I wish we coulda skipped the church and spent more time in St Pierre

Thanks for the explanation. I'll know what to do when we visit. I just felt like I missed something somewhere although Bugsy is doing a heck of a job just keeping up. I know it's not easy. Thanks for your remarks though!:)

I don't want to take away from Chris' thread but I just wanted to say we are on the same sailing as Chris and we had a great day in Martinique just from walking off the ship and walking around. Here is a link to my blog with photos of our day there. http://quantumoftheseas2015.blogspot.com/2015/04/april-18-2015-fort-de-france-martinique.html

Chris see you in the morning as we are on your tour in St Kitts :)

Thanks for the link....your photos were awesome! That's what I'm talking about. A little flavor (no pun intended) of Martinique! Thanks!:)

was on the Quantum 3 times in Nov. 2015. it was the most mass confusion, long lines, crowded CL and DL that we have ever seen. long, long confusing dining lines (even with every night resv. ). long lines at shows, northstar, bumper cars, etc. never, ever, ever again. let the cruisers in China have it.

so-so glad to see it go.:):):)

Except it's being replaced by the exact same type of ship?? :confused:

Also I don't see any examples of what you say in Chris's live TR - nor in many recent TR's - so maybe they've sorted most of the problems?

It is wonderful to start a Monday morning with your review. :) I can see how you are enjoying your cruise as always. My son told me about your thread, so I am here since the very begining.

Thank you, thank you for your nice pictures and fun review. :)

Good morning friends and welcome to day nine of LIVE from Quantum of the Seas! We are about two and a half hours away from docking at St. Kitts and I have a tour arranged through Thenford Grey Tours today with friends joining me.

So stay tuned as the day gets underway! :)

Our current position:

2015-04-19%2007.17.54_zps1pvfd3xg.jpg

Good morning friends and welcome to day nine of LIVE from Quantum of the Seas! We are about two and a half hours away from docking at St. Kitts and I have a tour arranged through Thenford Grey Tours today with friends joining me.

Have a fun day! I was in St. Kitts for 6 days a few years ago when my niece was in school there, stayed at the Marriott resort - gorgeous. Had a great time zip lining, going to various beaches and restaurants, really got a good feeling for that island. Hope you see wonderful sights today.

Sherriz366 – we saw Yacht A last month when we were in Cozumel, she really is something to see! I went into instant tourist mode and took several pictures. As soon as we got home, I started researching to find more info about her – she is overly impressive. Even if I did have all the money in the world, I still couldn’t imagine being that creative to come up with all of her amenities and luxuries. I wouldn’t know how to exist in the real world ;)

Martinique seemed like a wasted day. I don't remember any photos showing what you did. Didn't you do anything fun? I thought I'd like to go there one day but it doesn't seem like I'm missing much. Your thoughts?

Hi Sonicbuffalo - not to steal any thunder from the live thread, but we went to Martinique two years ago. I didn't have high expectiations going into the Port, but we were with friends and they had booked an excursion that took us through the rain forest, around to various parts of the island and to a rum factory. It was absolutely fantastic - Martinique is a beautiful island! If I could plan another cruise that stopped in Martinique, I absolutely would! We unfortunately ran out of time and didn't get to try the restaurant that Chris went to - that's on my bucket list for next time :)

Enjoy St Kitts.

Beware of the extortionist monkey men by the port. They stick the monkey on your shoulder, force you to take a picture and then demand $20.00. They generally travel in a group of about 4 or 5 guys so there is no negotiation and no saying no to them.

Hi Sonicbuffalo - not to steal any thunder from the live thread, but we went to Martinique two years ago. I didn't have high expectiations going into the Port, but we were with friends and they had booked an excursion that took us through the rain forest, around to various parts of the island and to a rum factory. It was absolutely fantastic - Martinique is a beautiful island! If I could plan another cruise that stopped in Martinique, I absolutely would! We unfortunately ran out of time and didn't get to try the restaurant that Chris went to - that's on my bucket list for next time :)

Thanks for the info....we love the Eastern and Southern Caribbean.

So stay tuned as the day gets underway! :)

St. Kitts is a beautiful island and you will enjoy the tour with Thenford. The views from the fortress are incredible. Can't wait to see your pics.

Theresa

Will be here Monday night

18723456b1436f49bcb27134afbd3146.jpg

6d78f69f82df18da5c702741c47907c6.jpg

b68245b40f38798539897346b249db69.jpg

There's Kimberly (sweetdarlin)

e5f6f3159a77f23ab27d4a9ba28c9bbc.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Having so much fun following your cruising adventure! LOVE the cameos of my bestie...Sweetdarlin! I am living vicariously through you Quayzies [emoji12]

Cruise on!! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dd8ba3bb0cc7cfc9c3bb5eced2330b70.jpg

In case no one answered this question, this ship's configuration and paint look very much like one of the Holland-class patrol ships of the Royal Netherlands Navy. However, without seeing her hull number or standard, I can't be 100% certain. Just FYI. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holland-class_offshore_patrol_vessels