Jade vs. Epic June 2015

brd1121

I don't see any recent posts comparing the 2, especially now that so much has changed on Epic. Any thoughts?

It would be myself and a friend, both mid 30s single ladies.

First Euro cruise for both of us.

Jade is Adriatic, Epic is Western Med

Any info appreciated.

I don't see any recent posts comparing the 2, especially now that so much has changed on Epic. Any thoughts?

Any info appreciated.

First choice for me would be the itinerary as you probably won't be on the ship much as there is just too much to see in all the ports on both cruises.

The Greek Islands are great to visit but Croatia is like something you have never seen before.

Any info appreciated.

I picked the Jade because the ports interested me more. The Epic is a much larger ship I would love to try but ports visited seemed so much easier to reach via a land based vacation. If you are only doing the cruise and not adding on land based portion of your trip I would pick according to airfare and least amount of hassle required to get embarkation port.

I don't see any recent posts comparing the 2, especially now that so much has changed on Epic. Any thoughts? It would be myself and a friend, both mid 30s single ladies. First Euro cruise for both of us.

Jade is Adriatic, Epic is Western Med. Any info appreciated.

As others have mentioned, Jade and Epic are both nice ships. The itinerary should be the deciding factor for you along with price. If you don't have a favorite itinerary and the prices are similar, you might consider Epic as it offers a lot more restaurant and entertainment choices. Spice H20 on Epic would be a great place to hang out on your sea days. Plus, Epic has studio cabins so you and your friend could have your own cabins and not have to share a bathroom. Given that port days are long on European cruises, having your own bathroom might be a big time saver. Good luck with your choice and let us know what you decided.

Thanks all! We went with the Epic and Western Med cruise. Figured we should experience that ship with the entertainment and neither of us have been to Italy before. If funds allow, Jade will be my net Euro cruise. Thanks for your guidance!

I have been on both ships. We did a 15 day Jade which was great, but I definitely liked the week that included Dubrovnik a little better. We have been on the Epic (last month) and will be on her again (next month). I'm excited about the itinerary. They are both great ships with lots of offer. You can't go wrong with either one. Just make sure you have a great view for pulling both into and out of European ports. The views are often breathtaking.

• 2 weeks later...

Tough choice. The Jewel class which the Jade is classed within is a very comfortable type of ship with a wide selection of things to do onboard. The Jade also does two week based alternative itineraries over the summer months.

The Epic on the other hand is huge with many more passengers and entertainment options. If you are a first timer to NCL and the Mediterranean, then I would suggest the Epic as it provides a good introduction to freestyle cruising.

Try and get a balcony stateroom if you go on one of the ships, the views are breathtaking!