Your least favorite cruise?

Jay Sam

Our least favorite was a 4-day NYC-Canada cruise on Carnival Glory in 2010. It wasn't a bad cruise, but three factors made it our least favorite:

1. It was only four days. Way too short for a cruise.:p

2. Our cabin. Since this was a weekend getaway cruise, we booked the four of us in one cabin on deck 11. This is the deck with retrofitted balcony cabins, and there is no overhang on the balcony. We had conversations with the people standing on deck 12 above us. And if the weather is bad, the balcony is unusable. Which brings me to....

3. Hurricane Earl. We had been watching this hurricane the week before we sailed, and the predictions were for the storm to track up the East Coast to the Bay of Fundy, making landfall on Saturday of Labor Day weekend. And where were we sailing? To New Brunswick, with our port day on Saturday of Labor Day weekend.:eek: We were convinced we would have a cruise to nowhere. However, they decided not to make itinerary changes. Instead, we sailed faster than the ship would normally sail (I think we were around 22 knots instead of the usual 16-17) and arrived in port ahead of the storm. Amazingly, it all worked. However, our day in Saint John was windy and rainy, so we stayed on the ship for the most part. BTW, this was the second time we did a four-day Labor Day weekend Canada cruise, and both times we were impacted by tropical weather. In 2006, we had Tropical Storm Eduardo. You might not think about tropical storms and Canada cruises, but look out when you get to September!

Yes Navybankerteacher..same cruise. First week was just OK ...not great...but went steadily downhill. Some folks mentioned to us that they changed their plans and departed from Nassau early rather than spend another few days cruising to Galveston. We should have done the same.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Forums mobile app

Carnival Miracle. Hated everything about that ship. Very smoky, very dark and dank. Service spread way too thin. Horrible layout.

Second worst cruise was on Jewel of the Seas. Beautiful ship, but very boring. Subpar entertainment and activities.

Our worst cruise was our second one, on Cunard Countess. It rained EVERY day. I'm not talking about scattered showers....rain where you could not go outside. Our shower curtain had a lot of black mold, that could not be scrubbed off. I don't know why they didn't just change it. We still had fun. Back in those days, we would never go to the shows, but dance every single night!