Should I try Celebrity over Royal?

I might try Celebrity again some day but I prefer RCI and Princess. Celebrity wasn't my cup of tea. I tried it a second time and my opinion didn't change. I sail for itinerary, not price so I might end up on a Celebrity cruise some day but definitely would not be my first choice.

Sailing single, for me, the atmosphere, crew and staff is much more personable on the RCI and Princess ships. Celebrity was a little too reserved for me. I realize some people like that style of service, unobtrusive but if a server isn't super busy, I don't mind if they chat for a minute or two.

I felt their buffet hours were too rigid when I was onboard, however, maybe it changed since I cruised with them.

My husband and I (ages 29 and 30) got off the Summit on 4/4 (Southern Carib.). This was our first Celebrity cruise after 8 with RCCL. We had a fun time, especially because we had the free drink package. There wasn't a ton going on at night, but the DJ even said our sailing was really quiet so other cruises might be a lot more lively. There were some well attended and fun events like 80's night and Dancing with the Stripes. We did feel like we were some of the youngest people on the ship, but it was still pretty fun, especially when you don't have to worry about paying for drinks. This alone is going to make us consider Celebrity in the future. The food was good, especially in the buffet. All in all we had a lot of fun, and I think it's probably worth a try especially if you can get a good price and one of their promotions.

Edited by Kelly04

I don't think there can ever be a consensus on anything.;):) For every person who likes something, there's one who doesn't.:D

OP, you'll never know unless you try Celebrity. It's been a few years since we've been on Celebrity but when we were there was a nice option for dining and don't know if they still offer it.

If you didn't feel like dressing and wanted to go casual, you could eat in the buffet. They had the same menus as the MDR, tables set with table cloths, cloth napkins and waiters serving you. My understanding was it was for waiters to "learn the ropes" before serving in the MDR.

The only thing you had to do was make a reservation so they knew how many they would be serving and pay a nominal tip since those waiters were not part of the tipping pool.