cancellations or changes.. ideas?

bermudashorts

I know the answer to this im sure but was wondering if anyone had any ideas for options.

My friend was to go on the cruise with us on Sunday. She suffers from manic depression and it seems to be in full swing right now.

She also has lupus, and is bi polar. What a mess.

Today she tells me she doesnt want to go. Wants to cancel the cruise.

The cruise was a gift to her and her husband as a wedding present so its not like she is losing her money, but its still the same to me.

Money is wasted...

Im sure no insurance was bought.

So, 100% of fare for both is lost if they both dont go.

If he went by himself, Im assuming that is ok.

But what if they both didnt go. Can they transfer the tickets to someone else?

Its 2 days away.... so im sure this is impossible also?

The NCL site isnt much help. Confusing. They mention a fee for a name change i think. But what about a whole cabin change?

Ive told her to call the TA. I dont know if she will or not. But just wanted an idea of what to tell her when I call her tonight..

Of course I told her to go, but its hard to reason with someone depressed.

Any ideas besides that you will take her place :D

thanks

I was gonna say I'd go, and would even pay for the name change. But then I read the last sentence....

Ask one of your neighbors, friends, or other family members. The retired are usually able to go on a moments notice..... They might even pay for the name change. If someone refuses a gift, give it to someone else.....

I'm pretty sure they consider both people cancelling as a total cancellation of the cabin and not just a name change. This means the cabin is under full penalty. However, if one of the original people goes, and there is only one name change, you should be able to get by with only the fee for the change. Is airfare involved? If so, this is a totally different set of restrictions. Is there some sort of medication your friend can take to get her on an even keel to get her through this period? I have a relative who has similar problems and often, she's at her worst when off her medication.

Worth a try, I would call today, after you talk with her, ask if you can call, use her name and arrange the details.

QUOTE=bermudashorts]I know the answer to this im sure but was wondering if anyone had any ideas for options.

My friend was to go on the cruise with us on Sunday. She suffers from manic depression and it seems to be in full swing right now.

She also has lupus, and is bi polar. What a mess.

Today she tells me she doesnt want to go. Wants to cancel the cruise.

The cruise was a gift to her and her husband as a wedding present so its not like she is losing her money, but its still the same to me.

Money is wasted...

Im sure no insurance was bought.

So, 100% of fare for both is lost if they both dont go.

If he went by himself, Im assuming that is ok.

But what if they both didnt go. Can they transfer the tickets to someone else?

Its 2 days away.... so im sure this is impossible also?

The NCL site isnt much help. Confusing. They mention a fee for a name change i think. But what about a whole cabin change?

Ive told her to call the TA. I dont know if she will or not. But just wanted an idea of what to tell her when I call her tonight..

Of course I told her to go, but its hard to reason with someone depressed.

Any ideas besides that you will take her place :D

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update

She did back out of the sailing.

She had to call NCL, her sisters TA who booked the cruise for her had to call NCL, and the 2 people who took her place were in touch with NCL.

Alot of hassle but it all worked out ok.

Seems you can change both cabin names with such short notice.

The orginal people had to pay the $35 each in name change fees

Beautiful weather all week.. :D sorry we are back:(

Archived