Aquar02's Photo Review of the Carnival Dream 3/29-4/5... My first review!

aquar02

It started to rain again, so once again we headed inside for food. We went to the buffet this time, I got cheese pizza, Caribbean sweet potatoes, and dessert items.

IMG_4438_zps5p1ij6oy.jpg

The Caribbean sweet potatoes were really good, but a little spicy. I would definitely recommend getting those if you are ever there. My mom also got some sort of soup that was really good. I got a ginger ale and used it to dilute my drink a little.

We went back out to our chairs, but it wasn’t long before it started raining again. We packed up our stuff and sat under the covered area. We got on their Wi-Fi for a little while, but it was really slow. I went to look at the picture they had taken earlier. You have to get the worker to pull up the files of pictures and look through them with her to find yours. It was a pretty awkward system, made even more so when I saw how embarrassing the pictures were. I had to politely decline buying those. I went up to their gift shop next. I knew I wanted to get my dad some coffee. It was pretty expensive: $20 for 4 oz.

IMG_4447_zpsmv49twzn.jpg

I’ve tried it now, and it is seriously good! I didn’t look at any of the shops back at the pier, because I didn’t want to know if I could have gotten it cheaper if I had waited. The van picked us up at 4:15 to take us back to the ship.

Once we were back on the ship, we rushed to shower and get ready for dinner. We still used the spa showers though. At dinner, we heard about everyone’s day. C1 and C2 were missing from dinner. Apparently, they had indulged a little too much while in port. Everyone seemed to have a great time. I am a little disappointed that we didn’t really experience Jamaica, but we were a little nervous about this port. Maybe next time, we’ll be a little more adventurous.

For an appetizer, I ordered the beefsteak tomatoes with mozzarella and the Caesar salad. The beefsteak tomatoes were pretty simple, but they were delicious. This was the first time I had had the Caesar salad from the MDR, and I was impressed. It does taste a little fishier than most Caesars I’ve had in the past, so you may want to keep that in mind if you’re not a fish person. For my main course I had the cinnamon pumpkin, squash, yam and cheddar cheese pie. This is absolutely my favorite dish that Carnival offers, and I look forward to it every cruise; it didn’t disappoint either.

IMG_2219_zpsdonxzirb.jpg

After dinner, we went to the theater for Dancing in the Streets. It was a really well done show. I had read a lot of reviews on here that said not to miss this show, and they were right! We were pretty tired after the show and had a really early start the next day, so we headed to bed.

Love your review and the pictures!!!

We are doing the same on the Dream Feb 7,2016!!!!

We did the same Jamaica excursion 2010 but they were in the process of remodeling and so didn't have lazy river or few other things. Just one slide. I'm almost positive it's the same place.....swim up bar was awesome!!

I did paddle boat with my DD who was 5 at the time. I let my DH chill at the swim bar and enjoy. Mistake!! I had the hardest time maneuvering the paddle boat and was pretty torn up......but all in all, was a blast.....

• 1 month later...