Venice port duty free

meduza

Can anyone tell me if there is a Duty Free shop in the Venetian port, and if so, are we able to buy wine there before boarding the ship?

The terminals at the port are mainly for dropping luggage and checking in. I have never seen a duty free shop.

If you are going to Piazzale Roma to get the People Mover to the port, you might want to try the Co-op store. Standing in the Piazzale, facing the water, take the wide, shallow flight of stairs towards the water. At the bottom of the stairs, go left in the little lane. (The kiosks selling water bus tickets will be on your right.) Keep going left in the lane for a block or two and you will find the Co-op, on your left.

The sign and entrance are small and easy to miss, but once inside it is a very extensive supermarket, where the local people shop. The wine section is in the back. I did not find the Montepulciano wine I was looking for, but did find a Montepulciano d'abruzzo that was good enough at a good price.

Sailing from Venice is magical. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise.......

Kate

The terminals at the port are mainly for dropping luggage and checking in. I have never seen a duty free shop.

If you are going to Piazzale Roma to get the People Mover to the port, you might want to try the Co-op store. Standing in the Piazzale, facing the water, take the wide, shallow flight of stairs towards the water. At the bottom of the stairs, go left in the little lane. (The kiosks selling water bus tickets will be on your right.) Keep going left in the lane for a block or two and you will find the Co-op, on your left.

The sign and entrance are small and easy to miss, but once inside it is a very extensive supermarket, where the local people shop. The wine section is in the back. I did not find the Montepulciano wine I was looking for, but did find a Montepulciano d'abruzzo that was good enough at a good price.

Sailing from Venice is magical. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise.......

Kate

Kate, thanks for a suggestion , but we will have no time to go to supermarket. Our flight suppose to land at 11:45 and the cruise departure time is 4 PM. We can take wine from US, but from our previous experience the local wines taste better. I was hoping to buy a wine in a duty free.:(

There is a small shop. However I noticed it after i went through security and they would not let me go into it. It is in the far end of the terminal. i suggest you look for the shop prior to going through security.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri