Is there a bar fridge in Concierge category staterooms on the R ships?

wenjoyjack

Yes, there is and it's stocked with a selection of complimentary soft drinks. Not only that you can buy beer ashore and pop it in there too.

This time we also had a small bottle of sparkling water inside. Bigger bottles of still water are provided on the desk, along with an ice bucket which is replenished twice a day. Soft drinks are also restocked as and when you need them.

If you want to chill champagne you can request a champagne bucket by asking your steward nicely and you'll get flutes too! In concierge cabins there will be a bottle of chilled champagne waiting for you when you arrive.

I'm pretty sure all staterooms have the fridge, not just concierge.

Thanks SellaVee. Really enjoying your 'live from Insignia. We are boarding in Sydney - will you still be aboard?

Sadly no. I'm back at work now but I've been completing my journal at home before I forget and posting pages online.

I would love to be getting back on board in Sydney but c'est la vie!

They do, now. There was a time, in 2006 when we first started sailing with Oceania (and R ships were all they had), when a mini-fridge was one of the "perks" for concierge (category "A") and above. Categories "B" and lower did not have them, although there was a limited supply that could be moved in if someone needed it for insulin, for example. Those were also the days when sodas and bottled water cost extra. Of course, the fares were correspondingly lower. I used to bring my own soda aboard and was willing to pay extra for concierge to keep it cold.

Remember, Oceania was just 3 years old back in 2006, and was really still "feeling their way" towards becoming the cruise line they are today.

For those of you who prefer sugar free soda, You can request to have your fridge stocked with sugar free soda and if you prefer, you can exchange your free bottle of complimentary Champagne in Concierge cabins to red or white wine.

For those of you who prefer sugar free soda, You can request to have your fridge stocked with sugar free soda and if you prefer, you can exchange your free bottle of complimentary Champagne in Concierge cabins to red or white wine.

Based on what my doctor says about that sugar free soda, you're better off to stick with wine, entirely :eek:

They do, now. There was a time, in 2006 when we first started sailing with Oceania (and R ships were all they had), when a mini-fridge was one of the "perks" for concierge (category "A") and above. Categories "B" and lower did not have them, although there was a limited supply that could be moved in if someone needed it for insulin, for example. Those were also the days when sodas and bottled water cost extra. Of course, the fares were correspondingly lower. I used to bring my own soda aboard and was willing to pay extra for concierge to keep it cold.

Remember, Oceania was just 3 years old back in 2006, and was really still "feeling their way" towards becoming the cruise line they are today.

I remember that far back and I was upset that they took away part of my storage space, but I've learned to live with it;) and will continue to do so!!