New to CCL, short cruise ?

brtls5

Hello everyone. I have a question. I've sailed twice on RCL for 7 nights each time. My husband and I are going to take our kids this time. We are sailing a 4 day cruise out of Galveston. I'm a little nervous. I've heard these are more of a booze cruise. I'm also not familiar with carnival. Any thoughts on the shorter cruises?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We took our kids - (5yrs and 10yrs at the time) on a 4 night Imagination cruise. We had no problems with drunkards except one.

On our 3rd day out by the Lido pool, this "Lady" in her early 20's wearing a scrap of a bikini was being happily mauled by 3 "gentlemen" all under the pretense of gettin' their groove on (lap dance).

One young man had his hand inside the bottom of her bikini (FRONT of the bottom), and one had his hand inside the top of her bikini, while she was sitting and grinding on the third young man.

My kids noticed, so we left the Lido area and as I walked by YELLED "Your parents would be so proud!" Went and complained to security. Never did find out what happened.

Other than that one event it was a lovely cruise with well behaved people.

We did a four day out of Galveston that wasn't bad. The only time we really saw drunks was during Muster drill. A few who didn't get the memo that it's not a contest to see who can blitzed the fastest showed up a little unsteady and loud. Muster took longer because of them having to be hushed by the crew multiple times.

Other than that it wasn't bad, and we even had a Lido balcony so were passing by the pool area a lot.

Hello everyone. I have a question. I've sailed twice on RCL for 7 nights each time. My husband and I are going to take our kids this time. We are sailing a 4 day cruise out of Galveston. I'm a little nervous. I've heard these are more of a booze cruise. I'm also not familiar with carnival. Any thoughts on the shorter cruises?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are boarding cruise 13 in 6 days. Out of those 3 have been 4 days. We have done Jax and tampa for short cruises. I can't say that the short cruises seeming more of a party boat than longer ones. We don't hang out much on lido so that might get crazy, idk. But overall, we've not encountered anything too rough.

Just one more vote...did an early June cruise out of Long Beach..4 day..and a few times hot tubs were overcrowded...but all friends made and activities enjoyed were with social drinkers or non drinkers..kareoke was not drunks who cannot sing..fun and funny graduates hamming it up to the ladies..and with family, movies, shows, great changing and solid attendees at a 10 top table..lots of families with their graduates...fabulous cruise...had nice time in Serenity enjoying Catalina scenery..great dining room food whole time...tea in Piano room...fun music...around ship...2 great spa apts...cabin crawl with friends made at table of all ages..just an AAA time, fun Carnival style but relaxing too...Sarah

Edited by sjn911