Commemorative Dinner

Summergee

We've only done one Commemorative Dinner, as part of the Jubilee celebrations in 2012.

We had a special menu with photographs of the ships and their connections to the Queen, I'll see if I can dig out my copy.

Are you on the Lusitania voyage ?

When we went Round Britain three of our menus were presented inside a commemorative booklet. I seem to recall that the booklets told the history of Cunard as one of our ports of call was Liverpool - the spiritual home of Cunard. We actually arrived in Liverpool at midday and I can honestly say that we've never experienced a welcome like it - it was amazing. I envy those going to Liverpool, by road or sea, at the end of May - you will have a truly amazing time. I presume the booklets that we'll receive on the Lusitania Remembered cruise will tell the story of the Lusitania.

Could anyone tell me the difference between dinner and a Commemorative Dinner. We have 2 on our cruise next week. If it makes any difference we are Grills this time.

We were on one of the QM2 10th annivesary crossings last May. There was a commemorative menu on one night. It was the same special menu in all restaurants and, even though we were in Princess Grill, the usual à la carte menu was not offered that night.

Here is the three-page menu for the 11 July 2013 Celebration Dinner in honor of QM2's 200th transatlantic crossing. Sadly, only one page for the food choices.

Hmm, doesn't look any more of a celebration meal than any other day.