azura refit

ashtonian80

Not much has changed really. New carpets in public areas (not cabins). New Pandora area. Odds and sods shop is where library used to be. New livery. Business as usual really.

Did you have a good cruise Matty? We are on Azura in 4 weeks time.

Did you have a good cruise Matty? We are on Azura in 4 weeks time.

Yes it was a lovely 12 nights. Weather was fantastic on all days really. Captain Neil Turnbull is in fine spirits and a real good laugh.

Yes it was a lovely 12 nights. Weather was fantastic on all days really. Captain Neil Turnbull is in fine spirits and a real good laugh.

Fantastic :D I think we are on a very similar itinerary - can't wait!

They certainly didn't do anything about carpets in cabins. Ours was dirty to say the least. Also lots of water leaks in various parts of the ship. Trying to get into shows in the theatre was a major problem. So folk were there an hour early. Service in both dining room and bars was slow. Disembarkation was a nightmare. Our first and probably last P and O cruise. We were not impressed.

We were also on this cruise and thank goodness we were lucky with the weather BUT on the first night we tried the Beach House , previously Verona and had to wait 2 hours gor our meal, excuse was a new chef, we had no hot water for two days noTV for two days, a nightmare getting of the ship in Lisbon, even though we were booked on a ships tour which eventually left an hour late, and to agree disembarkation was a chaotic mess with not a crew member in sight and again a never ending queue to get of and our coach leaving one and a half hours late, they really ought to follow their sister company Princess who are so organised it makes it a pleasant experience.

Back to Princess, they know how to do service!

Didn't have any problems in the bars or main restaurant (oriental first sitting). Agree the carpets haven't been replaced in the cabins. In fact some are so thin now that the metal grippers are coming through the carpet by the door threshold. The queues to get in the playhouse were terrible. One night it started near Malabar!!!!

Have to agree with some of these comments. Just back from 12 day Canaries cruise. I don't know what improvements have been made but the carpet in the cabin was very stained and there certainly were no new mattresses as had been suggested earlier. Some people endured flooding in their cabins. Embarkation was very quick. However as reported disembarkation was a nightmare and completely disorganised. We were one and a half hours late in setting off in our coach, coupled with heavy traffic which added nearly seven hours to that. Also agree with the chaos trying to disembark in Lisbon causing our tour to start late. As we arrived back in time I presume they must have cut something out.

The food was quite good but the service in our first restaurant was extremely slow and it was obvious the staff could not cope. We then moved to the other freedom restaurant which had much improved service. Although it didn't affect us a lot of people were complaining about the wine service which has now been foisted on the poor waiters.

Our previous P & O cruises have been on the sister ship Ventura which I must say seems a lot better organised.

However we enjoyed the cruise and as stated previously the weather was good and the sea was calm.

Azura got no Italian now? :(

No the beach house has become the P&O buffet area waiter service restaurant on Azura and Britannia. Its a shame as its full of stodge and the Italian menu was much better and more to our liking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No the beach house has become the P&O buffet area waiter service restaurant on Azura and Britannia. Its a shame as its full of stodge and the Italian menu was much better and more to our liking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I feel that way too Kevin :( Was really looking forward to going on the Trattoria again in June