Smoking on board - Port side??

Plan B

I seem to remember reading somewhere that MSC allows smoking on open decks on the port side in designated areas. Now I can't find it! Anyone out there know if this is true? Thinking of booking a deck 8 balcony which is just above the lifeboats and the open deck, but don't want to be bothered by second hand smoke.

Thanks everyone :)

On the lido deck of most MSC ships there will be a row of tables (either on port or starboard - depends on the ship) with ashtrays and smoking permitted signs. I seriously doubt you'd smell smoke down on on an 8th deck balcony. If the lifeboat deck is right below you, you might get it (doesn't matter which side), but the open sea is pretty airy.

On the lido deck of most MSC ships there will be a row of tables (either on port or starboard - depends on the ship) with ashtrays and smoking permitted signs. I seriously doubt you'd smell smoke down on on an 8th deck balcony. If the lifeboat deck is right below you, you might get it (doesn't matter which side), but the open sea is pretty airy.

Not sure on MSC, but I've heard many cruise have outright banned smoking in the balconies, as a matter of safety.

I am a smoker but my wife is not.

On our last (second) cruise on MSC Preziosa I was disappointed that they had done away with the Cigar Bar.

Smoking is "banned" in the suites and balconies but not heavily enforced. A 'cleaning fee" of $70 is imposed "if evidence of smoking is found in your cabin".

Smoking was allowed on the PORT side in designated areas and being all outside the sea breeze (which is a constant) blows away and dilutes any smoke so that 2nd hand smoke is not a problem (unless you stand really close next to the smokers!!).

We had an aft stateroom last week (12266) which is 3 decks below the Garden Pool area where smoking is allowed on the aft-port side of the ship. We spent a lot of time on our balcony and never smelled any cigarette or cigar smoke. We spent many hours at the Garden Bar sitting in the smoking area,,only because it was close to the bar,,and only caught a whiff of cigar smoke every now and then,,when you're out to sea,,the wind lofts the smoke away very quickly.

On our last (second) cruise on MSC Preziosa I was disappointed that they had done away with the Cigar Bar.

Please tell me there is still a cigar lounge on the Divina? Sailing in June and have stocked my traveldor for such an occasion. :cool: