Just had a call from the upgrade fairy :)

spideygirl

Direct with p&o, i am not sure how they choose who to offer the upgrade to. Someone once said it could be age related so they encourage you to spend with them again. We are early 50's with more possibly more disposable income or it could just be luck. If we had our 15 year old with us i don't think they would have offered it.

We have just been offered a paid upgrade on our October cruise - outside obstructed view to a Balcony Mid Ships - have our 14 year old with us - so it can happen with 3 people

I have been upgraded on my last 4 cruises, always with the e-ticket, and once on Oriana 2 upgrades. I hope they never try phoning me (I opted for email contact ONLY) as I have a Call Blcoker which automatically rejects numbers which are Withheld, Unknown, International or Unavailable.

We had a missed call last night and just found out it was from upgrade fairy.

Spoke to TA but some other lucky cruiser has benefited.I wouldn't mind but rarely go out in the evening and when I do ....... :( Still.. lucky to be going on cruise :)

We had a missed call last night and just found out it was from upgrade fairy.

Spoke to TA but some other lucky cruiser has benefited.I wouldn't mind but rarely go out in the evening and when I do ....... :( Still.. lucky to be going on cruise :)

What a shame. You never know you might get another call for something even better. Good luck:)