When Are We Paying Our Airfare???

AFT_LOVER

is the question today on the phonecall made to me by Continental Airlines who "X" booked us on 11/20 leaving CLE at 9AM arriving at LAX at 11AM. Then flying home via FLL on 12/4.

They state we have had the reservation since February 2005 but it hasn't been paid for. I told them we paid Celebrity, so go get them to pay you. Then she tells me she will cancel it now & be done with us & I told her the air dept isn't open on Sunday to call them tomorrow as I will also. Then I emailed my TA to tell her this one, a first for both of us. She states I am paid for air & cruise 100% and I have my reservation. I have my flight, times, seat # for both flights. But she will chekc tmorrow with what I was told by the airline or "X" hasn't paid the bill????

I don't think that Celeb pays the airfare until your final payment. After all, you can cancel that air without penalty until final payment. Is your air a deviation - preferred routing, carrier, day - from Celeb's normal air?

We have booked our cruise with air over 400 days out and never had an airline call regarding payment. And if Celeb booked your air, they should be calling Celeb.

What are the chances that a number of people are aware of your travel plans from postings here and someone was yanking your chain? It seems unusual that a Continental rep would be calling and suggesting that you will have your reservations cancelled when you book with Celebrity's air. IT is also strange that Continental would call on Sunday. JMHO.

She states I am paid for air & cruise 100% and I have my reservation. I have my flight, times, seat # for both flights. But she will chekc tmorrow with what I was told by the airline or "X" hasn't paid the bill????
If you really have seats assigned, then they'll also have the 6 character "record locator" for you that is associated with your reservation (it's really a reservation number). As your TA for this number (should be on your air itinerary anyway), and if you need to, call Continental and assure that it's still valid. That should settle it.

First from "X" stating that I am in the seats assigned with the conf # I was given, so I am flying. Then my TA phones to verify I heard, then CO headquarters in Houston phones for info on the call I got. SO I gave them date, time, person's name & what was said. Major apologies given.

So all is OK!

Archived