Buffet on Getaway

solehigh

I just returned from the Getaway yesterday and the Buffet was great lots of options to fit every need. While we had dinner in the restaurants most nights it was still great choices even around 9pm.

We are going on the Getaway and wondering how the dinner buffet food is? On a previous NCL cruise we found the food in the buffet pretty good.

Thanks

I've not been on the Getaway... but on the ships I've been on, the buffet has been fine. The Asian selections were especially good.

I found the food to be quite good in the buffet, lines weren't too crowded. You really do have to go around to a lot of stations though because sometimes the same station will have one or two items different and it's the only place they will have it. Like one station had fries, one had waffle fries, and then in another place it was a bowl of chips.

We also enjoyed the Flamingo Grill on the deck above the buffet. It has a small buffet with Cuban inspired food. It was rarely crowded. We had breakfast and lunches here and I believe it was also open at dinner time.

I thought the Getaway buffet was really good considering the mass quantities of people they serve and the amount of choices. The mac and cheese was delicious. I also agree what someone else said about the asian station being very good. The vegetables were fresh and most of the food was hot/warm. The service in the buffet is awesome and they will even get you drinks if you ask them. Don't forget to pick up an ice cream cone on your way out! The ice cream is by far the best desert in the buffet.