Stateroom category advice please

wilson4

Please can anyone tell me the difference between stateroom category 01 and 02. I am looking at deck plans for the new Escape but I imagine the category would be the same as earlier ships.

I would particularly like to find out about how the sleeping arrangements are configured for a family of four - I have had different accounts from agents and am seeking advice from someone who may have first hand experience.

I am new to NCL and appreciate any help.

Please can anyone tell me the difference between stateroom category 01 and 02. I am looking at deck plans for the new Escape but I imagine the category would be the same as earlier ships.

I would particularly like to find out about how the sleeping arrangements are configured for a family of four - I have had different accounts from agents and am seeking advice from someone who may have first hand experience.

I am new to NCL and appreciate any help.

Stateroom categories on NCL are usually a letter (like I for inside, or O for outside, or B for balcony, or M for mini-suite or S for suite and H for Haven Suite) followed by a letter or number. For example, a mid-ship balcony on the Escape might be a BA cabin...

Assuming you mean ocean view cabin (O1 and O2) those cabins are cabins with a picture window, with twin beds that can be arranged as a queen bed, a sofa bed, and possibly bunk beds that will come out form the ceiling as well to accommodate up to 5 people. The difference between O1 and O2 is simply location. The O1 is midship, the O2 cabins are more forward.

Edited by cliffd64

The category 01 Family Oceanview with 218 square feet will sleep 5. Here is a link to a cruise critic thread where johnql posted several photos of 5148 on the Breakaway. These photos were first time I realized the big bed could be split into twins in this category. The photos don't show the couch bed made up or the drop down bed in position so I'll post youtube links for you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1983281

Here are a couple youtube videos

The first one shows both the couch bed and drop down bed made up for sleeping

This short one shows stateroom and bathroom

We have one of these staterooms booked for Bermuda in 2016 for four adults.

Use a website like drag it decks so you can see what is above the stateroom you choose. Here is link to Escape based on projected deck plans since ship isn't built yet. Line up the elevators for proper spacing.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Escape&zoom=1

O1 are the family ocean views on deck 5 midship located close to the Splash Academy. They should be similar in size to the ones on the Get/Breakaway in size and shape so you can look at photos/videos to compare. They have a tub/shower combo. And an extra closet between the main bed and the couch. They have a nice view of the water with recessed window large enough to sit in. They will be best for those prone to seasickness. They will have easy access to 678 Ocean Place for food and activities and the elevators.

O2 are different. There are 4 on deck 5 close to the elevators. These are handicapped rooms without bathtubs. We don't know yet if the size and layout is similar to the Aways. The other O2's are on decks 9-14. There is only one on each floor, front and center of the ship. They look over the bow and have a more distant view of the water. There are no pictures of the layout or size because these same rooms on the Aways only sleep 2. They are the OA's if you want to look for pictures to get an idea of their layout and view out the window. Also note, cabins on the front are required to have their window shades closed at night if your lights are on so the light does not interfere with the bridge navigation. (I've read this, anyway.) There will also be more movement in the front which may be a problem for those with seasickness. They will also have a long walk to anything at the rear of the ship.

Keep in mind, similarities to the Aways are speculation because it hasn't been finished yet, and the Escape is wider than the Aways. I am looking forward to the first sailings when pictures will pour in!

I found all this out when I was researching for our O1 on the Escape. Hope this helps!

Edited by minnesotamamafish