Favourite Princess Captain?

APH

Captain Pietro Raiola was the Captain on the Dawn princess last Aprtil/May.

I had an II inside on the Riviera deck his officers would walk along through the private door all the time.They must have all been very shy icon_rolleyes.gif.Oh I think one of them to actually smiled and said 'Good morning' one day.

On the Captains Circle Night one of the officers stood there and shook our hand as we went through the door of Vista Lounge.

The rest of the employees made up for the shyness of the Captain and his officers,and made certain we all had a very enjoyable trip. icon_smile.gif

I have to speak the truth about all matters...thats just me icon_cool.gif

My all time favorite is Augusto Lagomarsini. He was very personable and truly had the appearance of an old sea salt complete with white hair and beard.He walked the decks chatting with passengers at all hours. Bernie Warner is good and has a great sense of humor and Capt. Romano is very gracious and often brings his wife and sons on board.

We just got off the Grand Princess yesterday. The captain was Andy Proctor, and I thoroughly enjoyed his daily updates. His "Yo Ho Ho and Away we go" as we were about to sail away from Cozumel back to Fort Lauderdale still makes me laugh. On our way from Princess Cays to Grand Cayman, we actually had to turn around and return to Cuba to drop off a sick passenger. He kept us updated throughout the entire deviation, which was greatly appreciated.

Debbie

OK Now im confused. I read on here different Captains are gonna be on the Carribbean Princess. My favorite Captain Romano is on her now, then in July someone else takes over. Well does everyone get there info from. Yesterday I called Princess to see If Captain Romano is going to be on the CP on the Oct 30th sailing which Im on. Princess told me Captain Romano is the only Captain from now threw Oct. which I asked about on the Carribbean Princess. So see why Im confused, Everyone has something else to say. I do know from the Horses mouth Captain Romanos that is when i said with him last November on the Grand he did tell me he will be Captain on the CP. So who do you believe these boards, Princess. Etc.

Just Wondering icon_eek.gif

Thanks, Linda

APH, in the past you have been able to post the complete list of officers for any given ship. I was wondering if you could post that info for Mid-May (post May 18) for the Grand. Thanks!

Cruisin' Chris

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;5;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0000  5/19/04 Grand Princess Baltic Heritage

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

From what I understand, the captains rotate on a four months on two months off schedule (someone correct me if I'm wrong), so even if Captain Romano is the 'permanent' captain of the CP, he will still have time off, but should be back for your October cruise IF he is once again assigned to the CP.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LVIGGIANI:

OK Now im confused. I read on here different Captains are gonna be on the Carribbean Princess. My favorite Captain Romano is on her now, then in July someone else takes over. Well does everyone get there info from. Yesterday I called Princess to see If Captain Romano is going to be on the CP on the Oct 30th sailing which Im on. Princess told me Captain Romano is the only Captain from now threw Oct. which I asked about on the Carribbean Princess. So see why Im confused, Everyone has something else to say. I do know from the Horses mouth Captain Romanos that is when i said with him last November on the Grand he did tell me he will be Captain on the CP. So who do you believe these boards, Princess. Etc.

Just Wondering icon_eek.gif

Thanks, Linda<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Linda,

I totally agree with you. Captain Romano is my favorite captain. He's very friendly and charming and has a great sense of humor. I hope to have the opportunity to cruise with him again. Next cruise for me will be the Golden in July, so I doubt I'll have the pleasure. icon_frown.gif

Archived