Half Day Sail with Fury Charters

I just did a post on my blog about our half day sail with Fury Charters. It was a great tour that we were able to walk to our pickup point from the cruise ship. We were able to swim with the turtles and see plenty of fish. Captain Mike was great to deal with and we still had the afternoon to enjoy St Thomas.

http://winenchocolate.com/our-half-day-sail-with-fury-charters/

I just did a post on my blog about our half day sail with Fury Charters. It was a great tour that we were able to walk to our pickup point from the cruise ship. We were able to swim with the turtles and see plenty of fish. Captain Mike was great to deal with and we still had the afternoon to enjoy St Thomas.

Hello i saw your blog very nice...were going in Feb 2016 w/RCC were also stopping in St Thomas i found Capt Mike was hopping somebody would post something....how was it, would you do again and any info would help...i also saw he is very close to where cruise ship docks another plus...Thanks

Glad to hear another great review for Fury Charters. I just booked with them for later this month.

The underwater pics you took were great. What kind of water proof camera did you use?

Am I missing something here? The Fury website has this as a $85 excursion ($75 if paying cash). A similar one through the ship is $69. We like to book on our own and not through the cruiseline, but for the cost, we may book through NCL on this one. Unless I am missing something (Besides less crowed boat)??

We did this last Oct. The price has gone up but still well worth it. With 6 ships in port, there were 10 of us.

Captain Mike timed it so we arrived at Buck island just as one boat was leaving.

When we left Buck Island, two boats from the ships tours were pulling in and there have to be over 200 people in the water when we left. :rolleyes:

Fury Charters is excellent. :)

Am I missing something here? The Fury website has this as a $85 excursion ($75 if paying cash). A similar one through the ship is $69. We like to book on our own and not through the cruiseline, but for the cost, we may book through NCL on this one. Unless I am missing something (Besides less crowed boat)??

I took that tour through our ship and saw Fury leaving earlier in the day with a very small group. I would have preferred a smaller group than the 60+ people we had on our ship tour. It was crowded and I felt like we spent more time explaining the rules and safety stuff so that EVERYONE could hear versus being in the water.