Should Carnival Have 6 Tiers in the VIFP Club?

Should Carnival Have 6 Tiers in the VIFP Club?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival Have 6 Tiers in the VIFP Club?

• No, The VIFP Club is Fine As Is
    • Yes, This Does Seem Like a Valid / Feasible Change

Hello all,

Yet another thread on today's occurrences. I am open to any ideas, as I agree with both sides for different reasons.

Happy Cruising! :D

And the ideas that may be brought forth to you go where?

Coulda, shoulda, woulda, is the title of the next media article on the most recent Carnival loyalty program changes.

What the heck, make it 12 levels of loyalty just to drive up the costs of having a loyalty program in the first place.

Right or wrong, Carnival made this switch because the past guest party had too many people in it.

This problem will not be fleet wide, only on the most popular routes (Caribbean) and only on the most popular ships. So on a big ship they may not have this problem, but on a Fantasy class ship, they may.

That is an excellent point, and the data may support what you are saying there, along with those who reside in/near port cities. If the data backs it up, it is worthy of high level corporate discussion to forge ahead with additional alterations of the loyalty program affecting all levels.

I bet if "Golds" could vote.......90% would rather have that $9 dollar ticket for a free drink at any bar on the ship; than go to a party.

That is a nice gift.

this is my first time chiming in on this subject because I try to just stay away from these 'friendly debates' about issues already decided and done ...BUT...you pose an interesting thought, one I agree with just for the record. Just for the fun of it, I would like to see a poll result. May just start one :D

this is my first time chiming in on this subject because I try to just stay away from these 'friendly debates' about issues already decided and done ...BUT...you pose an interesting thought, one I agree with just for the record. Just for the fun of it, I would like to see a poll result. May just start one :D

What, with 5,00 readers and 1,500 respondents to determine the views of 4.5 million?

I'm not sure about adding another tier, although I do think grandfathering in some golds would be nice. I've been gold for a while now, and am one of those who enjoy going, and always went to, the past guest parties. Calling a drink ticket only valid on the last day after 5pm in lieu of the PGP is NOT an enhancement. IMHGO. (in my humble gold opinion). :D

Here's how I'd set up the VIFP loyalty program. Feel free to comment as you wish.

Blue

First cruise.

Perks:

* "Welcome to Carnival" postcard, printed on regular thick paper

Red

2 to 25 cruise days

Perks:

* Buy a DoD in a souvenir glass for the price of a regular glass, once per cruise

OR Coupon to use on a soda or premium coffee

Bronze

26 to 50 cruise days

Perks:

* Free photo 5x7 or smaller, one per cruise

* Buy a DoD in a souvenir glass for the price of a regular glass, once per cruise

OR Coupon to use on a soda or premium coffee

Silver

51 to 75 cruise days

Perks:

* Free photo 5x7 or smaller, one per cruise

* Coupon to use on any drink, anywhere, at any time

Gold

76 to 125 cruise days

Perks:

* Free photo any size, one per cruise

* Coupon to use on any drink, anywhere, at any time

* "Gold Level" pin on each sailing

* "Welcome to Gold Level" postcard, printed on nice glossy paper, first time only

Platinum

125 to 250 cruise days

Perks:

* Past Guest party for Platinum and Diamond

* Free drink in the MDR, once per cruise

* Priority tendering

* Priority line for guest services

* Priority MDR and specialty restaurant reservations

* Free gift at each sailing (this includes food trays)

* Free laundry service, once per cruise 6 days or longer

* Discounted Cheers package prices

Diamond

Over 250 cruise days

Perks:

* Past Guest party for Platinum and Diamond

* Free drink in the MDR, once per cruise

* Priority embarkation

* Priority debarkation

* Priority tendering

* Priority line for guest services

* Priority MDR and specialty restaurant reservations, over Platinum

* Free premium gift at each sailing (this includes premium food trays)

* Free laundry service, unlimited on any cruise

* Free specialty restaurant visit, one time only

* Priority 800-number

* Discounted Cheers package prices

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

I am gold and did like going to the party, but do agree it was way too large and, therefore, not very special anymore. What would make me feel special would be a drink handed to me as I entered the ship, just as if I were a guest at a house party. One could just flash your seapass showing your tier and a hostess at the door could greet you with a smile and say, "Welcome aboard, we're glad to see you again."., and hand you your drink! That would make me feel appreciated and get me in the cruising frame of mind!

:D

I am gold and did like going to the party, but do agree it was way too large and, therefore, not very special anymore. What would make me feel special would be a drink handed to me as I entered the ship, just as if I were a guest at a house party. One could just flash your seapass showing your tier and a hostess at the door could greet you with a smile and say, "Welcome aboard, we're glad to see you again."., and hand you your drink! That would make me feel appreciated and get me in the cruising frame of mind!

:D

That would be a wonderful idea. I'm sure reality would ruin it, but the idea is excellent.

Diamond..since the inception 3 yrs ago.....just finished with 400 days last week....and have 29 more booked thru November.....I will still be a Regular Diamond....till a new tier is official.

You are a lucky cruzer congratulations!!!

What, with 5,00 readers and 1,500 respondents to determine the views of 4.5 million?

No, not realistically interested in the views of 4.5 million....I am interested in the views of CC folk. The CC members are the ones whose opinion I listen to...I plan cruises according to CC 'majority' likes and dislikes, I try new excursions, new restaurants, new ships, etc... based on opinions of these folk. I solicit that opinion oftentimes, other times I garner it by just browsing the boards. I hope that answers your question.

I think the loyalty program should be completely dissolved, removed, gotten rid of. People should be paying to cruise for the sake of the cruise, not for some loyalty program. Getting rid of the program will cut down on the number of threads that have people whining about not getting what they think they are entitled to. ;)

You can get plenty of decent drinks for $9. You can't get a Grey Goose Martini or the best wine' date=' but you can get a regular martini and a house wine. Their house wines are most definitely not over $10. Most of their frozen drinks and classic cocktails are also under $9.

There are certainly some drinks over $9 but not the majority. Why do people feel the need to post something that is 100% false?[/quote']

Where do u get 100% false or the need to talk that way?? A glass of Kendall jackson is 9.75. So there you go no 100%. Who said I wanted to drink their house wine or their classic cocktails? Their house wine is garbage and their classic cocktails are close to the same.

No, not realistically interested in the views of 4.5 million....I am interested in the views of CC folk. The CC members are the ones whose opinion I listen to...I plan cruises according to CC 'majority' likes and dislikes, I try new excursions, new restaurants, new ships, etc... based on opinions of these folk. I solicit that opinion oftentimes, other times I garner it by just browsing the boards. I hope that answers your question.

That is out of context. we are talking about a program affecting hundreds of thousands of cruisers, not your personal vacation planning.

Not surprising.

Looks like the almighty CC poll now has just over 100 votes cast! Hurray!

Edited by eponym

I think the loyalty program should be completely dissolved, removed, gotten rid of. People should be paying to cruise for the sake of the cruise, not for some loyalty program. Getting rid of the program will cut down on the number of threads that have people whining about not getting what they think they are entitled to. ;)

It is funny that you think that millions of vacationers are tied somehow to whatever few threads exists on CC and social media right now, and whatever gets posted on those measely few. And, that is the basis for your decision/stated idea/opinion.

Hurray!

It doesn't matter how many levels they have if they refuse to restrict rewards only to the cruisers who actually at at the particular level.

Same as paying for FTTF for the ability to go directly to your cabin. How many posts are from folks who brag about ignoring the sign and going to the cabin who don't have FTTF or plat/diamond status?

Parties are too crowded because they let everyone in without regard to status. Those who want to disregard earned status "every one should be equal", will of course, change their tunes once the Platinum card is in their hands.

I totally agree with you. I hate to say it, but I think Carnival has the most schemers, cheats and self entitled passengers on any line I have sailed. Reading posts on here are filled with ways to get away with paying for things. that includes seeing two couples sailing together and putting the wives on paper in one cabin and husbands in the other so that the men can buy Cheers and then share with their wives.

I like sailing Carnival and have sailed many cruises on them as well as other lines, but maybe the passengers on Carnival are far more obvious in what they do.

I don't think another level is needed between Gold and Platinum but instead between Platinum and Diamond. Something like Emerald or Platinum Plus. There is only 50 days between Gold and Platinum but there is 125 days between Platinum and Diamond. I would be in favor of a level between Platinum and Diamond.

What do the kids who are gold members receive?

They got invited to the party, and I know they used to get the drink coupon because we ate breakfast with a family once in the MDR one cruise, but I would imagine that they could get any drink, as long as it's not alcoholic. Which works great for families who didn't buy the drink package.

Theyre just giving back the free drink they recently took away, they arent really "replacing" anything, rather distracting from taking someone away. The last past guest party I went to had less than 50 people...

Theyre just giving back the free drink they recently took away, they arent really "replacing" anything, rather distracting from taking someone away. The last past guest party I went to had less than 50 people...

I understand where you're coming from. On my Glory cruise in November, there were about 200 people, but it was held in the main theater. That was the basic Eastern route. On my Liberty from San Juan on the 5-port cruise, it was held in the aft lounge, and was standing room only, with about 350 people. I could not imagine cruises like the Legend's Panama Canal crossing or the Splendor's repo cruises or these new Journey's cruises. they were probably packed.

No matter who gets to go, I think having it in the main show lounge is the best place for it.

I don't think another level is needed between Gold and Platinum but instead between Platinum and Diamond. Something like Emerald or Platinum Plus. There is only 50 days between Gold and Platinum but there is 125 days between Platinum and Diamond. I would be in favor of a level between Platinum and Diamond.

Junior Platinum makes its return?

Seriously? The opinions of anonymous internet identities who may or may not have private agendas?