Nieuw Amsterdam - cabin H4092/H4089 big enough?

isu269

My boyfriend and I would like to book a cruise with Nieuw Amsterdam (Panama & Alaska in 2016). Cabin H4092 or H4089 are wheelchair accessible and fit the money we want to spend.

We are both confined to our manual wheelchairs and get around very well. We juist wonder if the cabin is big enough for 2 people in wheelchairs. Can we get our wheelchairs next to the bed? Is there a desk in the cabin? Is it possible to remove furniture so we gan get around?

Any information is very welcome!!

These pictures are of 1100 on Nieuw Amsterdam. It is the same size, etc. as 4089/4092 would be. Only you can decide if there is enough space for two manual chairs. There is no furniture to be removed, because the couch was sacrificed for the closet. You will not be able to see much from the window when seated in a chair, so you would have much more space if you chose an inside HC cabin on Main deck. EM

P1040814.jpg

P1040815.jpg

P1040816.jpg

P1040817.jpg

Thanks for the pictures!! We really appreciate it. There is enough space for the both of us and I can move around the bed. I know inside cabins have more space. But it's also nice to have some ocean view and see the light.

Thanks for the pictures!! We really appreciate it. There is enough space for the both of us and I can move around the bed. I know inside cabins have more space. But it's also nice to have some ocean view and see the light.

Based on photos in post #2 and the fact that both of you require transferring to bed from wheelchair , there might not be enough clearance for a wheelchair to get to the other side of the bed closet to the window wall. Photos show a very narrow clearance. between corner of desk as well as from the end of the bed to the wall. Desk is attached to wall and cannot be moved.

Edited by xxoocruiser

• 2 weeks later...
My boyfriend and I would like to book a cruise with Nieuw Amsterdam (Panama & Alaska in 2016). Cabin H4092 or H4089 are wheelchair accessible and fit the money we want to spend.

We are both confined to our manual wheelchairs and get around very well. We juist wonder if the cabin is big enough for 2 people in wheelchairs. Can we get our wheelchairs next to the bed? Is there a desk in the cabin? Is it possible to remove furniture so we gan get around?

Any information is very welcome!!

You may want to be sure that any cabin you book has an electric (automatic) door. Else one of you will need to be able to push the heavy cabin door inward in order to get into the cabin. I've been in accessible cabins on Royal Caribbean and on Celebrity that have such feature. I cannot recall about Holland America.